SR. DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - MESOBASE
Conversant, Inc. is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy.
This role will be a strategic enterprise seller focused on a geographic or account-based sales territory. The primary goal will be to generate new revenue by managing several enterprise sales deals to closure on an annual basis. This candidate must clearly communicate to clients Conversant’s unique value, differentiators, data methodologies and capabilities. They need to demonstrate passion around the solution and become a thought leader in digital analytics and ad-technology concepts / methods / tools.
- An individual contributor driving significant revenue growth by using general business acumen to uncover prospect business needs and identify how Conversant solutions can help prospects achieve their business goals
- Coordinate internal resources for the preparation and delivery of new business presentations
- Create and deliver compelling, customized sales presentations that address the core business issues and opportunities faced by the prospect
- Effectively monitor day-to-day management of accounts in your assigned territory and build relationships with key analytics, marketing and media decision makers
- Stay current on industry trends and personnel moves among prospect organizations.
- Negotiate and close contracts with client marketing and legal stakeholders
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to gather requirements and formulate specifications for defining solutions that facilitate and optimize decision making
Skills and Competencies
- Experienced enterprise sales professional with client facing experience
- Understanding of complex and lengthy sales cycles and how to create achievable milestones and deliver meticulous follow-up
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make compelling presentations to an audience of diverse and senior business stakeholders
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals
- Must be strategic, flexible, tenacious and results-oriented
- Comprehensive knowledge ad technology: DMP, DSP, Data Onboarding, Device Matching, 3rd party ad-server, attribution vendors
Preferred technical understanding and general working knowledge of the following:
- PII/CDI world
- DMP, CDP and Marketing Clouds Activation platforms
- RTB Systems
- Sell-Side Platforms
- Campaign management
- Device Graphs and matching logic
- Walled gardens
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus. Degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, information management, social sciences or a business/marketing related field preferred.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in a sales/hunter role
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a quantitative data driven field and experience working with unstructured data and creating a story from that data
- A passion for digital marketing and data analytics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of Conversant. Our culture is entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.