Sr. Director of Business Development, Tempus Algos at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry? Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Sr. Director of Business Development to join our rapidly growing Algorithms team. This role would focus on establishing and growing revenue streams from our pharma/biotech partners across the country by leveraging Tempus’ growing suite of digital diagnostic tests.
What You'll Do
- Drive the business: Identify national and regional pharmaceutical companies who can benefit from AI-based algorithms to support their clinical and research needs
- Market awareness: Stay on top of the pharmaceutical industry and customer priorities to understand needs for AI-based algorithmic diagnostics and incorporate into strategic sales approach
- Manage multiple client stakeholders: Employ a nuanced enterprise sales approach to understand influencers, approvers and decision makers across the customer relationship and influence them to act quickly
- Identify creative solutions: Develop contract structures and unique approaches to solving a customer's known problems with Tempus’ AI-based solutions
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Results-focused: Have deep relationships with pharmaceutical stakeholders and have shown a proven ability to navigate multi-faceted customer organizations with repeated success
- Entrepreneurial: You'll have the opportunity to influence and grow with a rapidly growing enterprise that is high-energy, supportive and fun. You’ll also have the opportunity to bring market adoption to a new product offering and understand how it fits into customer needs.
- Action-oriented and organized: Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- A leader: Can set an agenda that is aggressive, but realizable, and wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life. Gets energy from solving difficult problems
- Clear communicator: Shows exceptional project management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate Tempus stakeholders across teams to solve problems
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline
- Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired
- Minimum of 5 years of direct pharmaceutical business development experience