Sr. Manager, Business Development (Corporate Development)
Strategy, Execution, Impact, Visibility? You've come to the right place!
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
The Sr. Manager, Business Development will help source and execute partnership opportunities aimed at accelerating Groupon’s growth. They will build and maintain strategic relationships with other internet platforms, media companies, and startups that will materially impact the Groupon business.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will evaluate and explore strategic partnership opportunities for Groupon
- You will work with business leaders to develop strategies for partnerships that solve their needs. Identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities and develop a robust pipeline of deals
- You will screen potential deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, financial implications and internal priorities
- You will represent Groupon in meetings with executive-level counterpart
- You will develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration with Groupon’s operations, examining risks and estimating partners' needs and goals
- You will oversee execution of each opportunity through close collaboration with internal and external parties
- You will deliver regular performance updates to partners and internal constituents
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required; MBA a plus.
- Experience in a business development capacity within the media or technology industry
- 5+ years experience in BD, Corporate Development, Product Management, Marketing, Management Consulting and/or Investment Banking
- A track record of success in structuring complex deals and negotiating with executives and attorneys at companies of various sizes. Prior BD experience is required
- A highly analytical, strong strategic thinker with knowledge of online business models and a passion for e-commerce/ local commerce
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships inside and outside of Groupon in order to cultivate a robust pipeline of deal opportunities
- Well-organized, entrepreneurial and able to prioritize among multiple projects with limited supervision
- Able to expertly communicate ideas to internal and external parties
- This position would be based in either our Chicago, Seattle, of San Francisco office
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.