Sr. Manager of Customer Development
Jellyvision is looking to capitalize on the momentum that comes with disrupting an industry ripe for change and a big part of that is growing a team of customer folk who are charged with delighting and growing current ALEX® accounts. The Account Management team’s goal is to:
- Help customers be successful in their use of ALEX®
- Sell customers other ALEX® products and services that solve their problems
- Leverage strong customer relationships for marketing
- Effectively communicate customer insights to the broader team at Jellyvision
- Oh…and be super fun and charming along the way.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
We’re looking for a senior sales manager to take on the SMB (small to medium businesses) division on the account management team. They will be responsible for coaching high performing, quota carrying Associate Account Managers (AAMs) and Customer Development Representatives through a consultative SaaS sales process with a focus on increasing retention rates and upgrading customers to enhanced service levels.
This is a new role and will require someone who is experienced in the world of managing large books of business and has clear expectations on how to retain, service, and grow an SMB revenue arm. We’re looking for someone who is creative, sharp and highly motivated who will help our team efficiently and successfully rollout an ongoing strategy tailored for servicing customers at a large scale. As a team, we’re a curious, goofy (but in a cool way), hard-working bunch who really like each other. It makes for a fun work day.
MORE DETAILS, PLEASE.
More specifically, as the Sr. Manager of Customer Development, you’d be responsible for:
Managing performance and coaching your team.
- You will be responsible for the revenue goals and quota that falls within your team.
- You’ll help hire, train and ramp up a new crop of Associate Account Managers (a group typically of 2-3). Associate Account Managers are AMs in training. They need to learn all aspects of what it takes to be a successful AM, as well as hone their relationship management and pitch skills while assisting and supporting the existing SMB customer base. You’ll work with them one-on-one to review pipeline training, discuss customer “health,” facilitate peer-to-peer shadowing, assist with pitch practice and help them grow into sophisticated and successful account managers.
- You’ll be responsible for facilitating the rollout of our “one to many” automated customer success strategy led by a team of Customer Development Representatives (CDRs). CDRs will manage all communications with our SMB customer book, and will be responsible for responding to inbound questions, outbound marketing communications, renewing customers as well as setting “churn save” or “growth” meetings. You’ll help train and coach CDRs (around 3 total) and help them identify customers primed and ready to upgrade to the next service level. These customers will then be kicked up to your AAMs who will help engage and sell them into an enhanced service level.
- You’ll routinely shadow customer calls and hold feedback sessions with both your AAMs and CDRs, coaching them on ways to improve.
Hiring and training.
- We’re scaling and in a constant state of hiring for the Account Management team. In partnership with the VP of Account Management, you’ll refine the AAM and CDR roles and job descriptions. This includes (with the support of our People team) identifying, sourcing, interviewing and hiring new AAMs and CDRs.
- You’ll manage the onboarding process for all incoming AAMs and CDRs and help grow and optimize the training curriculum that gets them ramped up quickly. You’ll also develop the growth path for AAMs to grow into enterprise Account Managers.
Maintaining a close eye on team dynamics.
- You’ll help foster and enable a culture of collaboration, support, and fun.
- You’ll lead an environment of constant learning – about our industry, our customers, and how we can be most valuable.
Close communication with the VP of Account Management.
- You’ll meet weekly with the VP of Account Management to review monthly forecasting, team wins and losses, individual performance as well as emerging healthcare industry trends identified through customer communications.
- Along with the Vice President of Account Management, you’ll participate in and lead team meetings.
OKAY, I CAN PICTURE MYSELF THERE. HOW DO I KNOW IF I’M CRUSHING IT?
You’ll know you’re successful in this role if:
- You’re meeting revenue expectations and hitting revenue goals.
- You’ve developed a clear and defined strategy for identifying the health of our customers. Using the Customer Health Score as a resource, you’ll look for additional ways to identify risk and churn as well as identify growth opportunities.
- In partnership with the VP of Account Management, you’ll develop KPIs and success metrics for CDRs and AAMs. You’ll coach and support direct reports in reaching those goals.
- For your customer book, you’ll look to reduce logo churn, increase NPS scores, and rollout on the new “go to market” strategy.
SO, WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
While we’re big believers that the right “DNA” and value fit are what makes for a successful hire, we’ll take an early shine to candidates with the following background, skills, and experience:
Proven Management Experience: Ideally, 4+ years of experience successfully managing employees in a high-volume and scale sales environment, preferably in the HR or SaaS sales space. We’re looking for managers who love to work with people, enjoy coaching and help foster growth and success in their direct reports.
Superb listener. You’ll need to listen to your team to really understand how you can uniquely help each individual team member grow and reach their goals.
Be curious. Along with listening, we want you to generally be curious in what makes each of your team members successful. What’s their motivation? Where do they want to see their career path take them? We want someone who knows how to develop that level of trust by remaining open, honest and transparent.
Approachable and Engaging: Our AAMs and CDRs are hungry for coaching and feedback that helps them be successful. Whether it’s focusing on ways to improve their tone/messaging on calls or helping identify new ways to easily engage and support customers, the team is looking for someone to tell it to them straight and help them develop a clear path to improving.
Confident, not cocky: We want you to lead confidently, but we also want you to be humble, thoughtful and genuine in your approach.
Empowering: As you work with you team to plot out strategies and tactics, empower them to independently make the tough customer decisions they need to in order to successfully manage their book. Give them your opinion, advice and feedback, but let them test and determine their own personal strategies knowing they have your support and back up when needed.
Successful track record working with customers on a revenue generating customer success team. Our team is highly focused on net retention with renewals and aggressive revenue growth with upsell solutions while at the same time helping customers get the most value of their ALEX investment. We want someone who’s rolled out a “one to many” strategy in the past and has seen success retaining customers at a large scale as well as has proven strategies to identify customers that are primed and ready for additional growth opportunities.
Driven and motivated. We’re looking for hardworking, self-motivated folks who like to jump in and make an impact. It’s our grit and can-do (while at the same time delightfully fun and engaging) attitude that helps us win as a team.
Collaborator. You’ll need to expertly navigate cross-team interactions. There will be times when you’ll need to listen and learn from your colleagues and peers. And on the flip side, there will be times when you’ll be responsible for proactively sharing ideas and helping evangelize customer success across the company. You’ll need to balance the two and determine the best way to productively interact and communicate with your colleagues.
Be a student. On our team, everyone is encouraged to be a student of customer success, the healthcare industry and the benefits world. Proactively research and find blogs, data, articles, and content that will help you and the team become smarter benefits consultants. You’ll also need to patiently learn our current processes, dive into our customer journey and playbook, and help identify areas we can grow and improve.
ANYTHING ELSE? Yes. We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!