If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Sales Engineering Group is the technical center of the Sales Organization. Our engineers bring to life the innovative communications solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. As the solutions architect owner, the Sales Engineering Groups have the technology and design responsibility for all sales support engagements nationwide.
See our YouTube video on Sales Engineering at Motorola Solutions:
The Sr. Presales Engineer will manage presales opportunities and implementation of the identified complex projects. This comprises all stages of the projects, starting from scope definition until final close of the project, involved in the entire Network Integration process. The incumbent is responsible for the management of all aspects of technical solution, Customer requirements and expectations within the projects. Defines directions and requirements to ensure timely implementation and quality of the technical solutions. Provide engineering services for Customers, including commissioning and testing Motorola equipment in accordance with technical requirements, documentation and contract obligations, system presentation for the internal/external customers. Directly responsible for the preparation of system bids, taking into account the customer's needs and the equipment available, as well as any modifications required in conjunction with the product group. Works with operations as well as other internal and external developers of the networking products and systems to meet customer's delivery requirements and meeting deadlines.
The Sr. Presales Engineer is the architect and owner of solution design. This includes development, design, evaluation, and modification of system solutions and architecture to meet customer requirements. This includes(but not limited to:
• Radio Coverage design and analysis
• Equipment list generation
• Description of system design, including diagrams
• Understanding customer requirements
• Calculation of power and networking requirements
• Participation in proposal reviews and contract negotiations
• Consultative guidance to customers and sales team
• Presentations to customers
• Coordinate with the various functional teams (Systems Integration, Service, Sales, Product Groups) to ensure all business unit goals are addressed in our proposals and win-strategies.
• Development of the implementation approach and service plan necessary to win the project
• Meet/exceeding customer requirements and provide value alternatives when requirements cannot be met
• Manage to Motorola’s sales, revenue and margin goals
• Drive all sole source & RFP (Request for Proposal) projects to completion managing the schedules of each project team member (engineering, proposal specialist, sales, and service)
• Bachelors of Science or M.S degree is required. Preferred emphasis in Electrical, Wireless, Computer, Network Engineering or Computer Science
• Seeking 4+ years of experience in sales engineering, solutions architecture or related field
• Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures - both public and private (e.g. APCO P25, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable
• Strong general knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable
• Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets is an asset
• A positive attitude with a can-do mentality that enables you to be creative, resourceful and deliver results
• Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
• Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
• Travel: 25-50% (domestic only)
*** Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation***
4+ years of experience in one of the following: sales, engineering or solutions architecture
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.