Sr. Solutions Sales Representative (NG911) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Sales team is the growth engine within Motorola Solutions, Inc.; providing next generation Citizen Engagement, 9-1-1 Call Taking, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Jail Management, Public Service 311, and analytics solutions. Motorola’s broad portfolio, along with a proven reputation for excellence, delivers a breadth and depth of technology and experience unmatched by the competition.
Every 9-1-1 Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) in Canada is mandated to migrate to Next Generation 9-1-1 Call Handling technology. The Sr. Solutions Sales Representative will work with PSAPs on their technology decisions related to this migration and lead NG9-1-1 sales with PSAPs across Canada. Key responsibilities include:
• Strategic account planning and overall relationship management specific to the coming NG9-1-1 migration, in tight coordination with PSAP technology priorities
• Collaborate with other Motorola sales teams to leverage coordinated sales efforts and joint sales calls
• Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan for each PSAP to position competitive differentiators, navigate procurement processes and ensure alignment with the interests of decision makers
• Assemble and lead an extended team of internal & external resources to qualify PSAP needs, exceed requirements, and develop/deliver successful proposals and RFP/RFB/RFI responses
• Act as a trusted advisor to educate PSAPs on technology decisions using proven industry best practices to develop preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions
• Build strong relationships with key Public Safety decision makers and influencers to help PSAPs understand technology to prioritize funding
• Engage Motorola executive sponsors to build strategic customer relationships, positioning long term opportunities for Motorola
• Hold yourself to the highest standard of execution as a critical part of a high performing team spread across North America
• Bachelors Degree is preferred
• 4+ years of sales experience or operational PSAP experience required (Dispatch Supervisor, as an example)
• Knowledge of Public Safety, NG9-1-1, Networking, CAD/RMS, Mobile Data system solutions and market
• Experience selling software/cloud solutions and navigating/leading complex RFP processes or operational PSAP experience
• Technical aptitude to comprehend key characteristics of products/solutions/competitors and translate to plain language for relevant communication with customers and sales peers
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Autonomous problem solver & results oriented
Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.