Strategic Account Director: Land at Upwork (Remote)
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Upwork Strategic Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to enterprises. As a Strategic Account Director, you will drive new deals and account growth for our largest and most strategic customers. As Upwork continues to disrupt traditional recruiting models we will look to you to educate prospects on our unique freelancer and remote staffing solutions. You will be partnered with sales engineering and program management to help build award-winning flexible work programs. This position reports to our VP of Strategic Accounts and will require travel as needed for prospect/client needs.
- Identify and close new account opportunities within the Fortune 100
- You will target and engage meaningful C level and Executive decision makers at the enterprise levels in order to drive awareness and sponsorship
- Forecast and manage your sales pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Present and gather business objectives and requirements during consultative sales meetings with prospects and customers
- Accurately track and record customer communications and activity in s alesforce
- Fully manage and drive the sales cycle
- You will partner with Sales Solutions and Program Management to build and deliver detailed account plans
- Frequent travel for client on-sites
- Marked senior level experience selling complex staffing programs or contingent workforce software solutions
- Successful track record of consultative strategic sales with C-level prospects
How To Really Knock Our Socks Off:
- Strong background in large account planning and expansion
- Competitiveness: an appetite to do more, faster, bigger, and better than others
- High energy and the ability to establish trust and credibility with prospects and customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, solve problems and think on your feet
- Background in HR Tech / Recruiting SaaS preferred
- Experience selling into Technology, Marketing, HR or Procurement preferred
- Self-motivated, driven and accountable.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you'll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. And oh yeah, we've also got amazing benefits - including medical insurance for you and your family, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with matching, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about our benefits and the employee experience.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.