Strategic Account Executive at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Strategic Account Executive
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Strategic Account Executive to help us continue on our journey.
We’re looking for this person to join us in our Chicago office, while working remotely with the ability to return to the local office when permitted.
How you’ll help
As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll generate ALEX sales within your target market of enterprise employers with 6,000+ benefits-eligible employees. You’ll also work closely with our outbound sales team to map your territory, generate meetings, and ensure that each deal closes successfully and smoothly. On top of that, you’ll need to do all that prospecting, networking, relationship building, and jumping through procurement hoops in a way that delights our customers.
What you’ll do
- Meet a pro-rated quota for the year.
- Generate net new business with our largest Enterprise prospects.
- Build a thorough territory plan that takes channel partnerships, buying group complexity, and a seasonal selling cycle into consideration.
- Manage a sales cycle that can be complex and long (on average, an Enterprise sales cycle lasts approximately 5-6 months from initial contact to close).
- Use their creativity to keep a dialogue going with dozens of key prospects during that sales cycle.
- Master the art of storytelling –which is a big part of Jellyvision’s sales methodology– along with the science of sales.
- Deliver engaging presentations online (and occasionally in person) with executive level decision makers.
- Negotiate price and contractual terms with all new customers, and identify who needs to be involved in approving the purchase (legal, CFOs, CEOs, etc.).
- Serve as the driving force that keeps potential deals moving through the procurement process smoothly, all while exhibiting constant Jellyvision charm.
- Become close friends with Salesforce.com.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 5+ years of sales experience (preferably in the technology industry selling B2B)
- Solid technology, agency, or benefits background selling into large organizations (Fortune 1000)
- Experience meeting and beating a quota in the neighborhood of seven figures
- Experience working through the purchasing process at large companies.
- Killer sales instincts and drive
- Excellent market research skills
- Organization and time management skills in spades
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to challenge people in a charming way
- Great listening skills
- Innate curiosity and the ability to act on it
- Technical savvy
- The ability to play well with others
- Action Oriented
- Being Resilient
- Customer Focused
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, MI, MN, NY, OR, TX, or WI.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!