Strategic Account Manager
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Lyft, Nike, IDEO, and REI use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We’re looking for a charismatic, consultative, and passionate Account Manager who can grow and develop our existing accounts. You will set and manage service expectations, develop great relationships with our most important customers, and search for ways to make dscout the “go-to” tool within their book of business. You will master the skill of advising forward-thinking researchers in how to use cutting edge tools to get their jobs done. You find success and joy in helping your customers become fanatical evangelists for our products. If you are empathetic, inspired by creative thinking, and can’t stop learning, we would love to hear from you!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Grow strategic relationships with our most valuable customers. Become their trusted advisor and consultant.
- Partner with our customer success, consulting (Studio), and product teams to deliver great product experiences.
- Deeply understand customer goals and help them meet their objectives by providing strategic guidance on our platform’s best practices, use cases, and organizational workflow.
- Develop onboarding plans, lead and facilitate kick-off sessions, and appropriately set and manage support and delivery expectations.
- Create and deliver programs and tactics that will lead to increased impact and revenue.
- Create a seamless, high-impact experience throughout the customer relationship.
- Engage with key influencers and decision makers across different teams within the customer’s organization, focusing on growth.
- Conduct business process reviews and goal-setting meetings.
- Travel about 30% of the time.
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 7+ years working in an account management role.
- Experience working deep within a software company that also offers professional services.
- Be a proven relationship builder. You have excellent people skills, are a natural leader, and have experience consulting and influencing customers, up to the executive level.
- Amazing written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Be (or be willing to become) an expert in research trends, stay informed of data-driven industry news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- You love to lead meetings and influence others. You know your audience and can communicate effectively while translating technical ideas to non-technical people and inspire people to try new things.
- You are able meet and organize around tight deadlines with many moving parts, appropriately set and manage expectations and still have fun along the way.
- You think on a strategic level and act tactically. You love evaluating things from a high level but also enjoy working directly with products with technical curiosity that gives you an edge over your peers.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and able to operate autonomously. You demonstrate the ability to launch an initiative, take ownership and follow through.
- A confident cross-functional team player: you can keep people from multiple disciplines aligned toward the same goal.
- Detail oriented. You have a keen eye for detail and care deeply about consistency.
Note: This role is expected to be based in dscout's Chicago HQ.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play. Read more about our new office space here!
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.