Strategic Account Manager at DocuSign
Strategic Account Manager -Enterprise
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Strategic Account Manager is a high impact position combining equal parts relationship management, commercial growth and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate brings a proven record of success in a SaaS technology company with responsibility for driving customer adoption, revenue retention and growth. Successful candidates thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, technology-driven environment.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Director, Account Management.
Deliver programmatic engagement with existing DocuSign customers to develop and maintain extraordinary relationships, ensure customer satisfaction and retention and achieve commercial growth. Through those interactions you will:
- Drive customer adoption of DocuSign
- Meet or exceed performance goals
- Lead and manage customer engagement, including on-site collaboration, quarterly business reviews and executive briefings
- Team with Account Executives to ensure customer success and commercial growth
- Position DocuSign's value proposition as part of the overall business solution, linking these benefits back to customer business drivers
- Expand the DocuSign solution beyond the functionality introduced during implementation process and consistently seek new business opportunities by presenting, recommending, and upselling new DocuSign products, services and partner solutions.
- Monitor customer usage and adoption, and make course corrections as needed
- Effectively renew customer subscriptions, on-time and with favorable terms and conditions
- Qualify upsell opportunities based on DocuSign’s sales methodology
- Facilitate customer onboarding, training and professional services engagements
- Collaborate with resellers and distributors as needed
- Manage customer needs for engagement with other DocuSign resources, such as professional services, training, product management and marketing
- Enlist customers to participate and/or speak at DocuSign and partner events
- Provide accurate, timely reports, and forecasts, as needed, for management
- Develop and maintain sophisticated knowledge of DocuSign’s products and services
- Maintain current and accurate account information, pipeline data, forecasting and customer activity in the CRM application
- Assist in identifying and developing scalable account management tools and methodologies that can be applied across the Account Management team
- BS/BA degree required
- 5-10 years of experience in account management, consultative sales and /or business consulting, preferably within a SaaS model
- Impeccable business ethics with polished and professional sales presentation skills
- Proven track recod meeting/exceeding individual sales targets and quotas
- Self-motivation, resourcefulness and confidence
- Ability to manage large volume of concurrent customer relationships
- Track record of strategic customer engagement, including on-site collaboration, quarterly business reviews and executive briefings
- Ability to identify, develop and implement strategic customer initiatives
- Ability to anticipate change and adjust priorities accordingly
- Ability to work independently and as a team, with myriad internal and customer resources
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization
- Willingness and ability to travel 25%-35%
- Experience using web presentation tools, such as WebEx
- Strong computer skills, including experience using sales force automation tools (Salesforce, Apttus, Zoura, Xactly, Concur, SalesHood), Office365, Box, SuccessFactors, Jira and internal business intelligence applications
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.