Strategic Partnerships, Comedy at Cameo
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL and Venice, CA. But as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s chat.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
About the role:
As a Strategic Talent Partner, specialized in Comedy & Entertainment, you will help acquire and onboard talent to enable them to connect with their fans, raise money for charity, and create an additional revenue stream for themselves. Your extensive experience with talent in the entertainment industry will lead you to be a role model and thought leader in the Cameo Talent Org.
In this role, you will strategically acquire talent to join Cameo through relationships you create, partnerships you build, and direct outreach - onboarding more than 30 well-known Comedians per month. Cameo is a magical place for talent and fans, and you will educate talent on the value proposition of joining Cameo and provide a world-class experience for talent. You must have tremendous Talent IQ, be deeply passionate about the entertainment industry, and have the ability to identify who will be the best talent for Cameo.
What you’ll be doing:
- Make a significant impact on our talent acquisition efforts, acquiring sought after Comedians hall-of-famers and various other Comedy talent in the space.
- Access your network, without fear of being told ‘no’, and using our current sales processes to go outside of your network.
- Collaborate with your peers to help them get major wins across the finish line.
- Use Salesforce extensively to stay organized.
- Make an immediate impact in partnering with agents, managers, and publicists in order to onboard their clients.
- Leverage new product/SKU launches as a catalyst to bring on new talent.
- Leverage referrals as a valuable and scalable resource to acquire more talent.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives with other departments, leveraging your insight and experience to improve various channels within the business.
What you bring to the table:
- 5-10 years deep experience in the Talent and entertainment industry (agency, management, appearance bookers, etc)
- Extensive experience identifying emerging talent and partnering with brands, networks, platforms, management firms and agencies.
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, “Run Through Walls” and “Roll Out the Red Carpet”.
- You bring humility and compassion to work every day.
- You are receptive to feedback, coaching, strategic realignment when necessary, and lead with no ego.
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- You make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and positive work ethic
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.