The Role: The Morningstar Indexes team seeks a highly motivated SVP, Business Development focused on growing a book of assigned passive prospects and clients. You will represent the Morningstar Indexes suite of products to be used as the basis for investable products such as ETFs, UCITS, structured and insurance products, and separately managed/commingled institutional accounts. Because this role covers a wide range of opportunities, it will require approximately 50% travel. This position is based in our Chicago office, with a potential for our New York office.
- Exceed revenue targets.
- Forecast and proactively uncover short term and long-term strategic sales opportunities with clients and prospects.
- Proactively collaborate with Index Customer Success and Product teams to determine optimal solutions for sales opportunities.
- Document activities in CRM system.
- Master product demonstrations and knowledge of product capabilities and benefits.
- Establish and build key client relationships individually and in strong collaboration with the Strategic Account Executive Sales team.
- Candidates should have at least five (5) years of sales and account management experience in the index industry.
- Proven track record of exceeding prior annual sales targets.
- Ability to build long-term client relationships with executive and senior leadership within an assigned book of business through a hands-on, collaborative, organized approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations.
- Ability to understand complex investment concepts/ explain index methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or CFA a plus.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity