SVP, Business Development
At VillageMD, we have committed to helping patients achieve greater health by redefining primary care in the community, in the neighborhood, and the home. Founded in 2013, we have forged a track record of rapid expansion and execution reinforced by our current network of more than 2,600 physicians in 8 markets across 7 states. VillageMD enables providers with data, resources, and clinical decision support driving a better model of clinical care for patients. Our model delivers some of the best clinical and financial results in the country, with our doctors’ patients going to the hospital 20-40% less than average. This support was enhanced earlier this year with our launch of DocOS, a proprietary operating system that breaks down information silos across the care continuum. Our execution is driven by a diverse and cross-functional team that gets stuff done, builds trust and innovates every day. To that end, we were thrilled to recently announce that one of our co-founders, Dr. Clive Fields, was named American Academy of Family Physicians, Physician Executive of the Year in 2018.
As an integral member of the VillageMD business development team, you will lead efforts to stand up and grow primary care networks nationally in new and existing markets. You will also play a hands-on role in structuring and managing a sales team. You will drive recruitment of local physicians and practices into the VillageMD network, and you will be responsible for developing and managing primary care physician partnerships.
What are some responsibilities you will hold on a day to day basis at VillageMD?
- Identifying and leveraging local physician champions and available market data to generate target lists of practice and physician leads
- Identifying and targeting new markets, developing an entry strategy, and exploring potential new channel partners
- Conducting targeted outreach, both in-person and telephonically, to identify decision makers and qualify opportunities
- Building a sales structure, and coaching and mentoring sales team members
- Conducting sales meetings and presentations with physicians
- Continuously following-up with interested physicians and managing opportunities to close
- Tracking all sales activities through regular pipeline reporting and prospect monitoring
- Executing necessary agreement documents with providers
- Partnering with Marketing to generate additional leads and sharing new ideas across markets to shorten sales cycle and accelerate growth
- Successful transition of provider relationships to additional sales and operations team members
- Supporting provider implementation with operations teams
What will make you successful here?
- Demonstrated a consistent track record of relationship-building and project management.
- Ability to balance vision with a hands-on approach and make things happen independently, as well as with and through others
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity, a service orientation, and a high level of humility are all indicators for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture
- Proven consultative approach with prior experience in conceptual selling and sales management
- Ability to manage with hands on approach
What you might do in your first year:
- You will integrate with operational teams to ensure a successful practice on-boarding experience and continue to monitor ongoing physician partnerships including engagement and success
- Identify new markets, and new potential channel partners
- You will build and structure a successful sales team
- Develop and handle physician partnerships from initiation to implementation
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of fifteen years of sales experience required; healthcare sales or physician recruitment experience preferred
- Experience building sales infrastructure and coaching/mentoring sales team members
- Familiarity with healthcare economics including knowledge of impact to physician practice and managed care environments
- Experience with provider healthcare and proven ability to sell directly to physicians in multiple environments, including independent practice
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish trusting relationships with providers and their staff
- Proven experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Superior relationship development and management skills
- Proven ability to qualify and follow-up on leads from various sources
- Ability to travel extensively- both regionally and nationally
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.