Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Technical Pre-Sales Consultant will partner with our Business Development, Information Products, Technology, and Research teams to ensure that Morningstar's solutions are designed effectively and in a scalable and sustainable way to meet our clients' business needs and requirements. This position is based in our Chicago office and is part of the Product Success organization. The primary function of this role, as industry expert, will be to work directly with clients and potential clients to understand their requirements and to design an effective Morningstar solution consisting of software and data products which meets the clients' needs.
* Work with the Business Development team to identify potential client projects which are complex or may require multiple Morningstar products or services.
* Lead discovery sessions to walk through an organization's current business model, needs, and challenges they are facing.
* Share industry insights and what other similar institutions are doing with Morningstar
* Provide a comprehensive demonstration of relevant Morningstar capabilities.
* Own overall client communication process throughout the discovery phase.
* Design, create and present a recommended Morningstar solution which meets the client's needs while being a scalable and sustainable solutions following Morningstar best practices.
* Ensures solution is consistent with Morningstar strategy.
* Illustrate how the proposed solution will provide business benefit.
* Partner with Morningstar project manager or product specialist who will lead the implementation of the solution, to provide them with the information needed to produce a statement of work (SOW) for the client.
* Provide support if/when needed to the project lead and implementation team during the implementation process.
* Three to five years of experience in a product management, project management, or business development role in the finance/investment industry.
* Demonstrated domain knowledge in investment data and products.
* Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
* A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a highly collaborative team environment .
* A bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or CFA is a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity