Territory Sales Director
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
The Territory Sales Director, Campus Sales is responsible for developing, growing and nurturing partnerships while contributing to the success of RedShelf’s sales.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generating new campus partnerships via in-person visits and remote correspondence with the goal of expanding partnerships and widening RedShelf's digital distribution of college course materials
- Managing team of Regional Sales Managers and Account Managers, defining strategies and ensuring goals are met
- Optimizing existing campus partnerships with the goal of providing a focused and personalized experience, while maximizing sales of RedShelf eBooks and exceeding sales targets
- Facilitating product understanding and engagement through consistent contact and updates on new products and offers
- Effectively gathering market feedback and industry intelligence, while reporting your experiences, challenges, and progress to the organization
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in a related role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration on Excel skills and a CRM software
- Ability to manage a large book of business
- Ability to succeed independently and as part of a team
- Available for travel to tradeshows and company events
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.