Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 4,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $20 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
What's the role?
This position is responsible for helping to protect Guaranteed Rate’s assets and addressing underwriting-related issues on files sent to third parties for underwriting. You will be working with multiple departments and external investors to reach successful resolutions and be a part of ensuring a multi-billion-dollar portfolio is transferred successfully.
The primary objectives of an Underwriting Assistant include providing excellent customer service, resolving unexpected underwriting issues, and ensuring salability of all loan files reviewed. You must be able to think outside the box, and function in a stress-induced environment with time sensitive materials.
Guaranteed Rate has a commitment to excellence and the highest standards of customer service (internally and externally). Our values and beliefs of your position are critical to the success and growth of the business and they were all created with a unique cultural foundation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality
- Review AUS Findings (DU/LP) to verify all applicable documentation has been gathered and addressed
- Verify that credit documents (1003, Residency, Income, Assets and Liabilities) are accurate
- Review third party documents (Appraisal, Title, etc.) to ensure salability of loan
- Keep up to date on all company policies and procedures
- Independently manage revolving pipeline while working with team members to achieve team goals
- Excellent disposition, mindset, communication skills and work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 6 months in mortgage industry
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong listening, problem solving skills and out of box thinking
- College degree preferred or applicable business experience
- Excellent data entry skills and PC skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary
- Strong individual work ethic with ability to work with team
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.