Value Engineering Associate
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout RFP makes strategic sourcing simpler, smarter, and more streamlined than ever before. Its’ an intuitive, cloud-based platform closes the loop on sourcing and drives better business outcomes. Scout serves over 200 enterprises across a wide range of industries, including technology, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education, insurance, and more. It is backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, GV (Google Ventures) and Salesforce Ventures, and counts some of the most prominent Fortune500 brands as customers.
As a Scout Value Engineering Associate, you will work with our customers and prospects to discover, quantify, and realize the value of Scout solutions. Together with Scout Sales and Customer Success teams, you will support our most complex sales cycles and engage with our most strategic customers to help increase Scout’s deal size, reduce sales cycles, and increase win rates. Together with our Sales teams, you will build relationships with our customers, understand their businesses, discover potential Scout impact, and quantify financial implications. At the same time, you will work with our existing customers and their Customers Success Managers to help showcase enterprise success with Scout. We are a small but very focused team that views itself as critical to growing Scout’s customer base and market share.
We’re looking for insightful, hands-on, and inquisitive people who can help us scale business. We value individuality and encourage collaboration as you will be supporting every member of our team in their progress towards their career goals. This position will be a key contributor within Scout’s Revenue Organization. You will have our commitment to work with you directly to develop your skills, advance your career, and make an impact along the way.
What you will accomplish:
- Value Discovery: provide end to end enterprise account sales cycle support, including:
- Interviews with senior business and IT stakeholders for use case discovery and business value quantification
- ROI calculations and financial impact modeling
- Highly engaging presentations to senior business audiences
- Value Realization: lead post-sales customer value realization assessments to demonstrate business value of Scout
- Discover and replicate customer best practices that accelerate Scout adoption and maximize business impact and value
- Provide customer QBR support, including creation and roll out of benchmarking and maturity assessment
- Support and proactively drive Scout upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Thought Leadership: in collaboration with Insights and other Scout teams, develop and articulate Scout business value proposition in a highly compelling manner
- Support field sales training and execute scalable value selling programs and activities
- Act as in-house expert on business value to educate and coach Scouts Sales organization on how to implement this methodology successfully with target accounts
- Help design field sales campaigns, develop content/materials for sales enablement programs, and improve competitive positioning and messaging to enable the sales team
- Help perform industry insight analysis to continue to position Scout as a thought leader in the strategic sourcing space
You might be a fit if you have:
- 2+ years experience in consulting, value management, value engineering, strategic sales, or account management roles
- Excellent consulting skill set including discovery, analysis, modeling, proposals, communication, and project leadership skills
- Experience leading workshops and/or facilitating meetings with multilevel internal and customer audiences
- Comfortable managing multiple engagements at the same time while under tight timelines
- Strong executive presentation and persuasion skills
- Good sense of humor coupled with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Drive and motivation to take on additional responsibilities over time
- Comfortable with large dataset analysis and data visualization
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work independently and creatively while managing competing priorities
- Strong PowerPoint skills with the ability to display financial data in an easy to consume manner and translate business benefits into appealing slides for executive presentations
- Understanding of software deal dynamics and ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward
- Willingness to travel up to 30% to customer sites
Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL or equivalent for support with large dataset analysis
- Familiarity with SaaS sales and go to market strategies
- Experience with Enterprise Sourcing, Procurement or Supply Chain Management
Role also known as: Value selling, Value Consultant, Customer Strategy Consultant
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description