SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
- Identify prospective vendors for SMS Assist; explain how SMS Assist can deliver value to their organization.
- Develop familiarity with the vendors area of expertise, including but not limited to trade, geography, business size and areas of specialization.
- Complete cold calls daily to establish relationships with vendors and gain leads.
- Negotiate pricing and service terms while maintaining margin requirements.
- Consistently meet program targets.
- Partner with implementation team to ensure smooth transition into the SMS network.
- Assess opportunities and risks with your territory; recommend resolutions to leadership.
- Understand varying scopes of work of our clients and convey those requirements to vendors.
- Foster a positive team environment.
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to adjust work schedule during high peak periods when necessary
- Travel, as needed, to meet vendors and assess and identify opportunities of growth or improvement of processes (potential travel of 10%)
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Proficient
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Negotiation – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft product skills - Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience/ability to setup/lead meetings or plan remote business events preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in construction, with general contractors, developers, builders a plus
- Industry trade knowledge: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, general maintenance etc
- 1 years of sales or sourcing experience preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.