Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Vendor Relationship Representative II supports the department by facilitating, developing and contributing to effective relationships with suppliers and vendors. Is able to work with general supervision.
- Develop and maintain positive vendor relations to ensure superior customer satisfaction
- Receive and handle customer calls and email requests for services
- Manage the scheduling and completion of all services assigned by customers
- Manage real-time inquiries while keeping track of and responding to commitments to follow up with customer/vendor inquiries
- Identify, research and resolve customer issues using the company’s web-based systems and databases
- Source new vendors to perform required services, as needed
- Resolve or escalate all disputes or un-satisfied service confirmations
- Maintain open communication with Vendors in a manner that adheres to all contracts and agreed upon Scope of Work throughout the duration of the relationship
- Provide market intelligence feedback to maximize customer satisfaction and to ensure strategies and policies are in place to attract and retain customers
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Enter information into our database and ensure consistency and accuracy
- Be able to educate clients on the benefits of the SMS Assist service offering
- Resolve most/all client and Affiliate issues without escalation
- Remain on the queue and address all requests
- Provide creative solutions to meet client needs and maximize value
- Contribute to special projects and continuous improvement initiatives, as requested by Operation’s management or the client
- Provide management with recommendations to changes in procedures, as needed
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service – Proficient
- Verbal Communication – Proficient
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness – Proficient
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience (3+) or previous experience as Vendor Relationship Representative in SMS
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.