Vendor Sourcing Specialist at SMS Assist
- Interview, identify and qualify new vendors in assigned market and service lines; establish and grow relationships with vendors through direct communication to achieve seamless, high-quality service and advantageous pricing.
- Negotiate pricing and service terms with vendors for contracted services while maintaining margin requirements.
- Communicate with vendors on insurance and other compliance requirements; ensure vendor meets the minimum requirements to work for the Company.
- Ensure proper and timely onboarding of new client accounts; initiate the recurrence of existing seasonal accounts.
- Analyze opportunities and risks with vendors and vendor onboarding team; recommends resolution to leadership.
- Analyze location alignment and capacity opportunities; recommends improvements to leadership.
- Understand varying scopes of work of our clients and convey those requirements to vendors.
- Establish and grow relationships with vendors.
- Take ownership of complex issues escalated by the client independently and with a sense of urgency; maintains responsibility for ultimate resolution and escalates the most consequential issues to department leadership with actionable recommendations for solutions
- Work with operations team to identify and terminate underperforming vendors
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Must be available to adjust work schedule during high peak periods when necessary
- Travel, as needed, to meet vendors and assess and identify opportunities of growth or improvement of processes (potential travel of 10%)
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Proficient
- Verbal Communication – Proficient
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Negotiation – Advanced
- Organizational Awareness – Proficient
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Analysis – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Excellent Microsoft product skills - high-level experience with Excel and Word required
- Experience/ability to setup/lead meetings or plan remote business events required
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in Facilities, Supply chain, or Procurement preferred
- 3-5 years customer service or related experience preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.