Venue Sales Associate Training Program at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Are you a high energy and motivated person who wants to get into fintech sales within the fast-paced and exciting world of capital markets? Join DFIN where you can kickstart your career, make an impact and be recognized for your potential!
Come join DFIN as a Venue Sales Associate (VSA) with professional development aligned to support every stage of your career growth. We have a formalized training and mentorship program with competitive compensation that will develop you into a successful Venue Account Executive (VAE). Venue is an award-winning virtual data room that utilizes AI to speed up the deal process for our clients (including investment bankers, corporates, private equity firms and lawyers). We offer competitive compensation, formal training with on-the-job experiences and mentorship opportunities to build your career and network. All in a fun, upbeat, and collaborative work environment. Our fully flexible program gives our employees the independence to work the way they want, from where they want, supporting a work-life balance catered to each individual.
The program is an 18–24 month sales training program, consisting of four 6-month phases with checkpoints at key stages to ensure successful progression throughout the program. Successful completion of the program results in promotion to Venue Account Executive (VAE).
The first 6 months:
• You will complete a 10-week foundational training including LinkedIn Learning courses, product training,
and learning soft skills for product demonstrations
• You will learn all the technical aspects of our product
• You will develop relationships with assigned VAE’s and mentors
Second 6 months:
• You will support your designated team generally with both client facing and administrative duties
• You will learn and practice pricing and will understand our crediting/billing process
• You will start setting up meetings on your own
• You will start leading product demonstrations
Third 6 months:
• You will start taking clients from inception to close
• You will start to identify and establish relationships with investment bankers through prospecting and marketing leads for new accounts and expansion of contacts within existing accounts
• You will learn how to establish a “Go-To-Market” plan
Fourth and Final 6 months:
• You will be in the home stretch for being evaluated against the competencies for promotion to a Venue Account Executive
• You will deliver the DFIN value proposition in the field, phone meetings and WebEx, employing value-based conversations to arrive at a highly differentiated solution
• You will be able to articulate the value DFIN solutions can solve, leveraging the strength of the DFIN brand, scale, and market position to place DFIN at a competitive advantage
• You will build and maintain strong sales pipeline and forecast, through discovery calls and meetings
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required.
• 6 to 24 months general business experience.
• Professional and personal presentation skills.
• Demonstrate personal confidence and resilience.
• Passion and desire to build a career in sales.
• High levels of responsiveness and customer awareness.
• Good personal organization and self-discipline. Good follow through and attention to detail.
• Quick learner and demonstrate willingness to learn from others.
• Can articulate ideas and arguments clearly and concisely. Able to communicate clearly.
• Comfortable working in a team environment. Maintain a positive attitude.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected].