Vice President, Business Development
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor, Asset Management, Retirement, Redistributor, and Commodities & Energy.
The Role: Morningstar U.S. Business Development Team seeks a highly motivated Vice President, Business Development focused on aggressively growing a book of assigned clients and prospects within the Advisor and Asset Management segments. You will represent Morningstar’s suite of capabilities including Data, Research, Software and will work with Specialists Sales on opportunities for Market Data, Investment Management, Buy-Side solutions, Audience Sales, etc. Because this role covers opportunities across the U.S., it will require approximately 25-50% travel. This position will be based in either our Chicago or New York office.
• Exceed revenue targets.
• Uncover client business needs and work with Client Solutions and Products teams to determine optimal solution.
• Master product demonstrations and knowledge of product capabilities and benefits.
• Forecast and proactively uncover sales opportunities with clients and prospects.
• Establish and build key client relationships.
• Implement account strategies by building relationships with internal and external groups, including product, marketing, customer success, and cross-Morningstar teams.
• Document daily activities in CRM system.
What You Will Bring
- Candidates should have at least five years of sales and account management experience in the finance and investment industry.
- Proven track record of exceeding prior annual sales targets.
- Prior experience in a hunter role.
- Hands-on, organized individuals who can build long-term client relationships.
- Strong leadership, long-range planning, and time-management skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations.
- Ability to understand complex investment requirements
• A bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CFA a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity