Vice President, Corporate Development
porate development activities and will deploy significant capital behind new initiatives ranging from internal capital investments to external M&A. The company is privately-held and operates multiple business lines around the world. The position will be based in [Chicago], but will require travel.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy & Corporate Development Officer and working in partnership with each of the business units, the VP of Corporate Development will manage the overall corporate development strategy and process. This will include the building of a customized M&A pipeline aligned with the strategic vision of the business and managing all phases of the M&A process
Build and maintain relationships with corporate leadership, target companies, and industry and professional networks that can assist in identifying M&A targets.
- Develop industry, market and competitive analysis and build & support M&A pipeline of potential targets for investment, acquisition or strategic partnership across service lines.
- Manage the preparation of offers, valuation, negotiation, development, and review of definitive agreements, working capital targets, and post-closing adjustments.
- Lead overall deal and due diligence activities and timelines and coordinate functional diligence reviews such as accounting, tax, legal, environmental, human resources, IT, etc.
- Help develop and ensure plans for post-merger integration are in place and track performance of completed deals.
- Ability to travel 30-40%
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or related field preferred); MBA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years in Corporate Development, Private Equity, Investment Banking or Consulting roles.
- Experience in logistics and supply chain with emphasis on food and beverage preferred, but not required.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and entrepreneurial with strong accounting & finance, communication, leadership and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to execute a wide range of transactions, including but not limited to acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, and divestitures. Ability to work with extensive cross-functional teams in the execution of M&A duties, and to build productive relationships with employees and other stakeholders throughout all levels, geographies, and functions of the organization.