Here at Focused Labs, we are a small, select, software development team that wants to improve the world of software engineering through excellence. We take a unique approach to deliver products to market quickly while meeting the business and customer needs of our clients.
Reporting to the founder and CEO, the VP of Sales will be a critical member of the leadership team leading the execution of Focused Lab’s revenue growth strategy as the business expands and evolves. This person will have responsibility for pipeline generation, establishing relationships with strategic enterprise clients, selling Focused Labs professional services contracts, and growing client relationships throughout a project lifecycle. Being the first sales hire at Focused Labs we’re looking for someone that is gritty, self-motivated, and can help the organization’s continued growth in the years to come.
This role will be based in Focused Labs’ downtown Chicago office.
- Listen first - we are experts when it comes to software, but life long learners in the domain of our customers. We listen, collaborate, and iterate closely with our clients.
- Learn why - we are deeply invested in the outcomes of our clients and apply our expertise to make wise technology decisions with them.
- Love your craft - we love programming and the craft of software engineering.
About the Role:
- Lead strategic/business planning efforts, including company positioning, market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related service positioning.
- Partner with the CEO and leadership team to establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting.
- Build and maintain a strong network of decision-makers within key targeted accounts.
- Understand the unique value proposition of the Focused Labs business and craft a strategy to effectively deliver it to prospective clients.
- Create a diverse revenue base, from independently-owned businesses to large enterprises.
- Understand the business needs of our clients and enable our delivery teams to build high-quality and high-value products.
- Build and monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Exceed revenue expectations and set the stage for the future growth of a broader sales team.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience exceeding quota in a professional services sales role
- A demonstrated track record of success in high-growth environments
- Experience differentiating your organization's unique expertise from the competition in a crowded marketplace.
- Must be self-motivated and able to effectively work independently.
- Experience selling into the C-suite at Enterprise level clients (Chief Information Officer, Chief Product Officer, Chief Innovation Officer, etc.)
- A strong network of existing relationships with key decisions makers at prospective enterprise clients
- Strong sales, leadership, organization, planning, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Executive-level business acumen
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience