Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to enjoy coming to work everyday? Making an Impact with every keystroke? How about smacking tennis balls with Serena Williams on a Tuesday at lunch? Okay technically that third one we can't make happen but she is an early investor in ShoppingGives and two out of three isn't bad!
We are an impact driven organization that thrives on a collaborative, open communicative and hyper transparent environment. How many more months/years are you going to spend working for organizations that think diversity is a four letter word. At ShoppingGives we don't believe in a glass ceiling since we are a startup and we haven’t gotten around to building one yet!
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help?
Let's define "Heck of a VP of Account Management":
- Leader: Lead, Manage, and hold Accountable Account Management and Customer Success teams
- Collaborate: with sales, marketing, product, and engineering teams to ensure the Accounts team is properly serving our clients
- Strategy/Analytics: Develop and ensure execution of strategies to grow existing accounts and ensure quality/cost effective services
- Relationship Management: Deep understanding of clients needs and what they expect from ShoppingGives
- Hire: and develop team of AM’s to oversee accounts
- Key Accounts: Own the growth and success of Key accounts at ShoppingGives
- And a good amount of the things in the “What you bring to the team” section below… so keep reading!
Now that you know what we’re looking for. Let’s speak about what you’re looking for. Do you...?
- Use your coaching skills and growth mindset to create some good in this world?
- Have a strong passion for data driven decision making?
- Take pride in building long lasting relationships? You know, the type that continue growing for years?
- Want to finish your workday both exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new relationships you have built?
- Keep pressing for more information until you understand the full picture so you can deliver something outstanding?
- Work every day in every day with an honest, excited, transparent, and (appropriately) vulnerable team?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone:
- We're driven by our mission to do good and our teammates.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- There is not a lot of BS here - we help out, strive to learn and do better than last time, actively look for coaching and teachable moments - and we get our jobs done.
- Mistakes are forgivable, but inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business; we must grow our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one a heck of a VP or Accounts too. Is that you?
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Our VP of Account Management leads the account management and customer success teams and builds relationships with existing clients.
Create impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. Mostly on Shopify. But also on Salesforce Cloud Commerce, Big Commerce, etc.
What you bring to the team:
- Years in a Account Management role ideally at a rapidly scaling technology business
- Years in retail and/or retail enablement technologies
- Strong coaching skills and a growth-mindset that comes from a deep belief in the development of their team
- Track record of using data to inform decision making
- Track record of working with leadership to define and implement successful new programs
- A proven playbook for hiring and developing Account Managers
- Strategic mindset to define and execute retail marketing strategies and adoption of technology
- A proven track record in positioning technologies to agency and technology partners to create trust and become recommend provider of services
- A results oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work independently.
- A deep understanding of SaaS and sales economics
- A deep understanding of eCommerce and Retail/Brand marketing
- Technical knowledge / application of integrated tech is a must.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Immediately lead a team of 2 Account Managers and 1 Customer Success Manager.
- Rapidly scale and lead our Account Management team overseeing account success of SaaS Enterprise and Mid-Market Retailers/Brands accounts and SMB Retailers/Brands
- Put our customer’s first as you design and execute the best possible experience and strategy to have client teams leverage our products to grow their business and create impact.
- Accurately forecast and model monthly, quarterly, and annual sales expansion through accounts and partnership
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Enablement, People, Operations, Customer Success, Finance, and Product on driving the best customer experience and best results for ShoppingGives
- Hire, Lead, Manage, Hold accountable a team and culture that upholds ShoppingGives’ values and mission
A Look at Your Day to Day
- Manage the Account Management and Customer Support teams
- Lead strategy and drive clear vision of activation opportunities for Key accounts
- Coach Account Managers with best practices from the front - Show them what great looks like by diving in and taking the lead when necessary.
- Manage Account Managers renewal, activation, and retention strategies to drive product adoption and increase of share of wallet.
- Develop plans and strategies to increase Sales Qualified Pipeline from partnerships channels, Account Management Referrals, and Customer Support
- Consistently share vision and drive accountability of Account Managers and Customer Support
- Take charge of recruiting and hiring Account Managers and Customer Support staff
- Create an Account Management and Customer Support training program
- Monitor account performance and identify opportunities to improve account performance and reduce churn..
- Improve customer satisfaction by anticipating customer needs, and providing feedback to the product team.
- Identify where improvements can be made and develop success-driven plans
- Manage detailed sales forecasts and plan accordingly from Account Managers
- Work closely with the marketing and sales department to support sales
- Create and manage Account Management KPI and Executive reports
- Communicate and foster relationships with clients
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- The pay for this role is $165,000-$180,000
- This role is Chicago based (Preferred) or US based remote only
+++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- 401k, medical, dental,
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 45 people - so you'll have influence
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.