VP, Americas Sales
Matterport is a 3D immersive media SaaS company that makes it easy for anyone to quickly and inexpensively create digital 3D models of any physical space. Our 3D immersive media platform is used across many industries to improve how people make decisions about properties. It improves the way people experience and visualize physical spaces making it fun and practical for users to move through real world spaces as if they were there. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2 million properties so far!
Beginning in residential real estate, where 8% of all homes sold in the US last year had a Matterport 3D tour, the company has changed how people experience physical spaces. Our product offering is selling exponentially in new markets: apartment and vacation rentals, hotels, event venues, insurance, retail environments, as well as in architecture, engineering, and construction.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
As the Vice President, Americas Sales you will be responsible for leading the overall revenue function for the Americas region. Overall responsibility for defining the strategic vision, thought leadership, and robust account and people management for Matterport’s sales teams to drive accelerated new business and revenue growth. You will manage the internal sales/revenue organization for the Americas and partner with broader business units and cross functional networks for optimal performance and output. To be successful, you will have a roll-up your sleeves mindset and have a strong desire to help lead a successful sales team.
Overall responsibility for creating and executing our regional sales strategy to exceed revenue goals for Matterport’s SaaS solution.
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), this high visibility role will be based in Chicago however will need to travel as necessary to customer locations and other company office locations (up to 30%).
- Steer, lead and orchestrate Matterport from SMB to large enterprise accounts through a sustained period of rapid growth and leadership of the territory as a whole.
- Win the respect and trust of colleagues in the Americas as a seasoned leader of the highest caliber and integrity who can immediately make a direct positive impact on Matterport’s business across the sector.
- Rapidly understand Matterport, its direct markets, channels and resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis is required.
- Assess and build a three-year growth plan which will deliver predictable growth quarterly.
- Continually look to evolve the organization.
- Recruit and develop a world class sales team capable of selling a complex line of products and services through a solution selling model.
- Lead and co-ordinate on a geographical basis the activities of pre-sales (systems engineering), inside and field sales, and channel managers working with functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are made available in support of sales activities.
- Ensure operational tools such as forecasting systems (Salesforce) are properly implemented and used by all staff in the region, facilitating effective forecasting and communication with corporate operational leadership, as well as inside the sector.
- Assume the role of key Spokesperson, necessitating complete knowledge of Matterport’s GTM strategy and promoting this with Press, Customers & Partners.
- Acts as a business partner with corporate functions including: Finance, Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Legal, Support, and Human Resources.
- Participate in a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to Matterport’s leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Identify high propensity customers.
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Engage with product management team and other key business stakeholders to align on business goals and provide feedback on what will be required for successful execution against targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Master’s degree in Business preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in sales or business development.
- 5+ years in Sr. Management
- Experience working within a high growth global SaaS environment required.
- Proven track record of supporting rapid revenue and organizational growth.
- Strong leadership style to manage a large regional inside sales team as well as field sales people.
- Must be data driven; solid analytical skills and ability to apply market research concepts and methodologies to decisions.
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
- Accountable for revenue and bookings as well as the overall margin of deals.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated deal execution experience and leadership of teams.
- Hands-on; driven to achieve creative and sound results.
- Ability to travel up to 30%; domestic and international travel.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description