The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor, Asset Management, Retirement, Redistributor, and Commodities & Energy.
The Role: Morningstar`s Business Development Team seeks a highly motivated Vice President, Business Development focused on growing revenue and building relationships within our largest strategic accounts. Aligned with the SVP’s of Business Development for those accounts, you will deepen our footprint within key areas. By focusing on growing adoption of Morningstar Direct, our core institutional platform, and other complimentary products, you will further represent Morningstar`s solutions to address our clients’ most pressing workflow challenges through additional services- including distribution, data, and reporting solutions. This role covers opportunities across the U.S. and will require approximately 30% travel. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Exceed growth targets.
• Uncover client business needs and work with the SVP of Business Development and internal teams to determine optimal solution.
• Establish and build relationships with key stakeholders, in collaboration with SVP.
• Identify new business groups and opportunities within the accounts.
• Employ winning strategies to maintain and grow adoption of Morningstar Direct and leverage the installed user base to deploy additional solutions.
• Master product demonstrations and knowledge of product capabilities and benefits.
• Forecast and proactively uncover opportunities within key business groups.
• Negotiate and close business.
• Develop growth plans for accounts.
• Document daily activities in SFDC.
• Be a team player.
• Candidates should have 5+ years of business development, sales and/or account management experience in the finance and investment industry.
• Proven track record of exceeding prior targets.
• Hands-on, organized individuals who can build long-term client relationships.
• Strong leadership, long-range planning, and time-management skills are essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations.
• Ability to understand complex investment requirements.
• A bachelor’s degree required; MBA or CFA a plus.