WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands including Priceline, Sprint, RVA Media Group, and The Basement agency.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This role is within Corporate Development, which is charged with identifying and establishing opportunities for value creation through a combination of industry analysis, business review and strategic partnerships & acquisitions. Working horizontally with key stakeholders across the organization, the Corporate Development team aims to develop collaborative engagements with external parties that lead to positive business results for Centro as a whole.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will oversee partnerships and on-going team initiatives across a substantial roster of data, inventory and 3rd party solution providers, while working closely with Product, Operations and other departments to ensure the full value of these partnerships is achieved. In addition to maintaining and growing strong relationships with internal and external providers, you will be expected to oversee departmental efforts across contract negotiations, reporting & analysis of partnerships, and driving consideration & utilization across customer segments. Included with these expectations are the following:
- Leading Business Development team functions and mentoring the team on growth, development, and procedural improvements
- Taking on an entrepreneurial mindset in analyzing opportunity, identifying requirements, and building new lines of revenue growth through partnership
- Engaging with the broader market on an on-going basis, while providing internal thought leadership around the context and opportunity associated with existing and emerging channels
- Managing existing partnerships, inclusive of contract management and on-going evaluation
- Providing solutions for the team to effectively manage and streamline our data roster, inventory list and 3rd party solution providers
- Overseeing the development and delivery of initiative-based reporting for key stakeholders across the organization
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 8+ experience in digital advertising, with a depth of knowledge in advertising technologies and/or marketing technologies
- Analytical mindset, entrepreneurial spirit and desire to roll-up your sleeves and build
- Strong communication skills; capable of conveying complex information to a broad audience
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to influence and manage teams
- Ability to work autonomously, at a fast pace, and with a high-attention to detail
- A results and success-oriented mentality, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- An ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner
- An innate drive to innovate and optimize the use of available resources
- Robust experience in contracts and negotiations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint & Word)
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.