VP, Sales Operations & Customer Relations at SMS Assist
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Vice President of Sales Operation and Customer Relations provides strategic leadership, data and analytics support, and CRM reporting expertise to the sales organization. They ensure alignment to the strategic direction of the business in a complex, ever changing environment.
This position develops, improves and maintains an effective sales infrastructure and leading sales enablement initiatives across the company. They maintain effective and collaborative relationships internally across SMS departments, adding value and knowledge to discussions. Directs and oversees development and implementation of operational processes meant to improve the efficiency of the sales team.
This individual will serve as a single point of contact for executive leaders inside the organization as the owner of sales data in the SMS CRM and additional data platforms.
- Support the management of forecasting, revenue, sales targets, and other financial analysis efforts
- Oversee existing applications related to sales operations or automation
- Develop, analyze and identify trends in reports that details pipelines, forecasts, productivity, quota attainment or other sales metrics
- Assist executive leadership in the strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the sales department
- Support the analysis of client spend and optimization under the SMS Assist solution
- Serve as a subject matter expert to the departments; coach and mentor sales operations staff
- Support and institute team KPIs and tie these to team or corporate direction; articulate why particular KPIs are used and clearly articulate how they tie to team/corporate goals
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service - Expert
- Verbal Communication- Expert
- Written Communication- Expert
- Teamwork- Expert
- Relationships - Expert
- Negotiation - Advanced
- Organizational Awareness- Expert
- Analysis - Expert
- Problem-Solving - Expert
- Process Orientation- Expert
- Prioritization - Expert
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook preferred
- Professional, relevant examples of effective sustainable client relationships
- Creativity/innovation to apply new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and driven by urgency.
- Positive attitude and self-starter
- Resilient and open to change
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Solid decision-making capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant degree preferred
- At least 8 years of sales experience and a minimum of 5 years of complex sales to executives in large organizations, ideally in technology or services required
- Extensive knowledge of sales process, methodology and data required
- Comprehensive understanding of CRM’s and sales reporting