VP of Sales
Signal is seeking a Vice President of Sales to manage all aspects of sales. We are searching for
a proven leader who is goal oriented, entrepreneurial, and thrives on scaling a sales
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of running and managing a national sales
organization with expertise in the Data Driven Marketing/MarTech category. The candidate must
be able to acquire and retain best in breed sales professionals, run and improve the sales
pipeline / qualification process, increase deal momentum, and grow revenue beyond the
market’s natural growth curve. This leadership role will be tasked with training, managing and
coaching a dedicated sales team. You will not carry an individual quota, but you will lead a team
to help them obtain their quota and revenue goals that are aligned to the Company’s overall
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
So, what would you be doing?
● Hire, train, manage and retain a team of high-performing sales executives. Provide the
sales team with the vision and inspiration to fuel their professional and personal growth.
● Create sales strategy and deliver on aggressive sales goals
● Develop and aggressively manage sales pipeline development and growth.
● Forecast US Revenue for Executive Leadership Team
● Communicate value proposition for a rapidly-growing list of existing and prospective
● Provide in the field coaching for reps throughout the entire sales process including
prospecting, ideation, responses to RFPs, price negotiation and finalizing agreements.
● Develop senior level relationships with key advertisers, technology platforms, publishers,
and agencies in order to effectively deliver Signal revenue targets.
● Work with the Signal Senior Leadership team to shape the overall business strategy and
● Develop strategic opportunities in the Identity market with third parties and channel
● Map a plan for maximum success in exceeding revenue targets; regularly setting and
hitting high targets
● Work across functional boundaries within the company for maximum sales team
alignment in areas such as product development/rollout, contracts, and client
● Partner with marketing to ensure successful management/utilization of prospect funnel,
taking ownership of channel management.
● Set up and execute high-level reporting, providing ongoing results analysis and
forecasting, evaluating and strategizing around business opportunities gained / lost, and
preparing annual budget.
● Measure and report success against defined benchmarks and objectives.
● Champion and optimize effective lead generation activities.
● Create solid clarity and cohesiveness from ambiguity as a part of the leadership team.
What do we need from you?
● Serious Experience. 12 to 15 years of sales management experience, with several years
in the data and or MarTech sector (SaaS preferred).
● Dynamic leadership that can take action and consistently drive results by creating
strategic vision and one who can problem solve using critical analysis.
● Proven track record of team leadership and exceeding sales goals in a high volume deal
● Expertise of current and evolving digital environments, specifically a deep understanding
of the MarTech and AdTech marketplace and media trends.
● Ability to recruit and hire sales talent across all major markets.
● Willingness to travel as needed to cover our business and prospects nationally.
● Demonstrated ability to create a repeatable, scalable sales process working with peers
across the organization with our finance, legal, product, operations and marketing teams.
● Flexible, team-focused, and committed to both excellence and integrity in every aspect
● Extensive knowledge of B2B, SaaS, digital marketing, technical markets, channel
management and competitive strategies.
● Strong understanding of strategic and partnership selling techniques.
● Track record of taking aggressive, but intelligent business risks.
● Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA or other relevant post-graduate work is preferred
Outside the obviousness of the job, like all Signalites you fall in love with new ideas, can’t stop
learning, and are a pretty nice person on top of all of it. You get that even the most fun kind of
work is work, consider putting in the hours an obvious necessity, and easily deal with change.
You think well beyond what’s asked of you, live and breathe the minutiae of the work.
What’s in it for you:
You will work with others who value culture and treating one another like adults. To support this
we offer a competitive salary/bonus with great benefits, like: unlimited PTO, 401k,
health/dental/vision, STD/LTD, snacks, parental leave, Hack Weeks, great colleagues.
How to apply:
Interested? Well, send your resume via the link below. The company and team we’re building is
important to us, so include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you’d make a
great addition to our team. Be yourself. We will only respond to people who meet qualifications
and on whom we develop a professional crush.
Signal is a global leader in real-time, people-based marketing technology. With one platform,
Signal’s integrated technology combines data collection, persistent identification, data
onboarding and media activation for real-time cross-channel engagement. By leveraging
Signal’s platform, brands and publishers gain immediate knowledge of buyers, access to high
quality audiences and a simplified activation process to engage consumers within minutes of
Today, Signal’s technology runs on more than 45,000 digital properties in 158 countries. The
platform facilitates billions of data requests monthly, supporting top brands around the world that
generate more than $1.5 trillion in commerce, including Allstate, Audi, Crate & Barrel, JetBlue
Airways, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and many more.
Signal has been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including being named one of
the fastest growing companies on the 2015 and 2016 Inc. 500 lists. Visit www.signal.co to learn
more and follow Signal.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at Signal are considered without regards to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, or veteran status.