We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data.
We are accelerating the used car industry.
We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us.
Buckle up. It’s going to be a great ride.
Based in Chicago, DRIVIN (powered by KAR) is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right cars, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients.
We are looking for world-class individuals to join our team, including creative technologists, forward-thinking sales and marketing professionals, entrepreneurial hackers and data scientists.
We are looking for people that will help us create a culture that is exciting, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
As a Software Engineer you will drive the implementation of Salesforce.com and its utilization across the organization. Primary duties include working with the Salesforce.com Product Managers, Architect and other business stakeholders to understand their requirements, proposing solutions that meet their needs and implementing end-to-end solutions. On a daily basis, the Salesforce.com Engineer will respond to questions or issues from users throughout the company and will resolve technical and functional support issues, develop scripts, manage data loads, review data quality and provide training to other technology personnel and to Salesforce.com Product Managers/Administrators in the business lines on new features and functionality.
- Manage the technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including the customer portal, custom integrations and applications.
- Maintain the functional areas of data management, monitor end-user usage and security and ensure data integrity across all systems.
- Implement feature sets using standard and custom objects, workflows, triggers, user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, email alerts and templates, and campaigns.
- Develop and maintain Visualforce, Apex, and Integration tools to other third party solutions
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance
- Enhance batch and real-time Java - Web Service middleware platform designed to integrate organizational data and processes into Salesforce.com
- Identify usage and data problems and craft technical / communication plans to remedy.
- Support and train new end users on the Salesforce.com applications
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues involving but not limited to CRM, Marketing, Finance and Sales Operations
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent required, MS in Computer Science/Engineering a plus
- Minimum of 1-3 years Salesforce.com developer experience; Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with Java REST APIs
- Proficient with Unix Tools, shell scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.), SQL queries, PL/SQL, and SQL*Loader; or equivalent
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation, and load (ETL) tools is desired
- The successful candidate will have strong technical, analytical, time management, training, and presentations skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and customers
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral