Senior DevOps Engineer
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will join Relativity's environment automation team (EAT) within engineering operations and be responsible for engineering a large distributed enterprise solution. They will work with other senior or lead engineers and business stakeholders to support the demands of the engineering operations department and meet the objectives of the product development process.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivering results by:
- Designing and implementing strategies to improve and automate our environment provisioning, setup and testing processes for both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure
- Designing and maintaining highly distributed system in a public cloud
- Contributing to an Agile (Scrum), or Lean (Kanban), or hybrid team to solve the engineering challenges
- Producing high quality code fast
- Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
- Having a broad awareness of related projects
The Senior DevOps Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others:
- Advocates and models coding and collaboration practices, reviews team code, and provides team members with feedback and suggestions for process improvement
- Collaborates with other dev teams regularly to establish an outbound and inbound pipeline of new (to kCura) best practices
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Oversees the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and recommend any potential technology or process improvements with an emphasis on cloud computing and configuration management platforms
- Provide development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of OOP software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with strong experience using c#
- 5+ years of supporting customer facing web delivered software
- 3+ years of cloud experience (Azure preferred)
- Configuration Mgt Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.) experience preferred
- Ruby, Python or Powershell experience preferred
- Experienced knowledge of messaging (MQ) systems and development
- Excellent Knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the market place
- A proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under the pressure and deliver technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and public speaking)
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Desire and drive to learn and keep up-to-date on technology. Ability to filter vaporware, fun to learn, from value add technology
- Knowledge of Agile Project Development Methodologies
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us. we’d love to hear from you.