Senior Monitoring Engineer
Senior Monitoring Engineer Overview:
The Senior Monitoring Engineer will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and maximizing the platform that monitors and manages Enova’s critical applications and infrastructure. The monitoring engineer will own the tools and their infrastructure, alert configuration, and monitor and dashboard design. The engineer will support the management of the Enova monitoring systems and applications running across multiple on-premise and cloud locations.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Implement and maintain monitoring framework to support infrastructure, network, application, and performance management
- Utilize Graphite/Grafana/statsd to create varied dashboards and identify KPIs
- Manage the monitoring Event Management system Big Panda
- Enhance and formalize an Application Performance Management (APM) center of excellence using New Relic
- Maximize our investment DataDog for automated node monitoring
- Develop new tools, methodologies, and technologies for use by various teams to enhance company efficiency and effectiveness
- Transition the monitoring platform toward a self-service automated platform
- Perform maintenance, patch, upgrade and repair to monitoring solutions
- Implement the Elastic Stack/ElasticSearch platform
What you should have:
- Deep technical knowledge and operational experience with: Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, Graphite, Grafana, Big Panda, Site24x7, Git, Chef
- Strong hands-on experience in systems management and administration, in particular various Linux distributions (Debian and CentOS preferred), networking and working directly with Ruby based applications.
- Previous experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.