Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist
SMS Assist is looking for a Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist to join our growing team!
As a Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist at SMS Assist you will be responsible for building and maintaining our team of in-field subcontractors (landscapers, HVAC Repairman, etc) through market & vendor research both reactively and proactively for our clients (residential management companies, retailers, restaurants, etc.) around the country.
A Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist's key responsibilities consist of qualifying leads for new vendors through cold outreach to sub-contractors, establishing a baseline rapport, and converting leads into SMS Assist preferred vendors. Once a sub-contractor becomes a preferred vendor, the Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist monitors and measures the vendor’s overall performance utilizing ranking and rating techniques.
The communication life-cycle in procuring a vendor includes negotiating proper pricing, securing contracts, and using data to make informed decisions in closing a sale.
As a Procurement Sourcing Specialist, you have no fear picking up a phone and making a cold call. You are results-driven with a positive attitude. Our top Procurement Sourcing Specialist are always ready to learn and are always looking to find ways to improve!
Responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist
- Research new vendors that match the services our client is looking for.
- Complete cold calls daily and bring in new vendors.
- Support identification and development of current and new vendors
- Qualify new vendors based on our scorecard.
- Negotiate with vendors on price, delivery, terms, etc.
- Analyze vendor qualifications, performance, scorecard, quality metrics, cost, profit and industry trends to drive selection decisions. Provide data to show proof for decisions.
- Conduct & present data analysis to support management of vendor base
- Execute performance reviews of top vendors to find trends and patterns
- Collaborate with Operations and Procurement Team on pricing and implementation
- Leverage internal resources to enhance SMS’ relationship with vendors
- Create and maintain relationships with new and current vendors
- Meet with Operations on a regular basis to ensure vendors are on track and achieving client goals and expectations
- Ensure that sourcing processes and policies are in line with business processes
- Be knowledgeable in regards to the latest sales processes and strategies as well as the best in class customer service practices to provide a superior vendor experience
- Identify process improvements and facilitate implementation
- Develop and deliver presentations to executives and others, as required on strategies, programs, practices and issues
- Interact cross-functionally with all other departments and serve as an effective and value-added service for the entire organization
- Additional special projects, as needed
Experience, Qualifications & Educational Requirements for the Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist
- Bachelor Degree from four year accredited University, MBA preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Ideal candidate has experience (or has interest in) procurement, sourcing, sales, or supply chain management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially proficiency with Excel
- Understanding of negotiating tactics, customer service best practices and sales strategies
- P.M., C.P.P or C.P.P.C. Certification a plus
- Driven by numbers and success. Comfortable in an environment with heavy emphasis on sales and customer satisfaction.
- In-line with our core values: One Team, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Passion for Service, Integrity.
- You are a positive, well-spoken, coachable, adaptable, problem-solver.
Key Relationships and Partners for the Senior Procurement Sourcing Specialist
SMS Leadership/Operations Directors, SMS Affiliate base, Procurement, Compliance Department, Sales Director, Inside Sales
Keywords: Vendor management, supplier management, strategic sourcing, metrics, KPI, sales, procurement, sourcing, strategy
Internally this position will be called “Affiliate Sourcing – Senior Operations Specialist” or “Sourcing Specialist” depending on the team you are assigned to. Internally we have availability on our residential team and our Centers of Excellence. Externally this position may be called: Sourcing Manager, Sourcing Specialist, Procurement Sourcing, Procurement Sourcing Specialist, Sales Sourcing Specialist, Vendor Sourcing, Sales Lead Generation and more.