Senior Software Engineer, Cloud
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Sr. Software Engineer on the Data Grid team is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by solving complex technical challenges problems as part of an agile team. They are experts breaking down complex systems requirements into functional, performant and scalable solutions. Rapidly producing high quality code and being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers.
The Sr. Software Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others, in the administration of their position:
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Encourages pair programming and collaborative design
- Thinks out loud- Consistently communicates ideas to others
- Provides development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- May be required to handle technical support calls after hours about two times a year.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Senior Software Engineer is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Act in the best interest of the overall team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
- Experience in Azure, AWS, vCloud or Googe Compute cloud integration
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.