Senior UI Designer
The HS2 Solutions Senior Interactive Designer leads the creative strategy, conception, and execution of digital media (websites, mobile applications, social media assets, email templates, etc.) for a wide variety of clients. The ideal candidate must be able to design, develop, or enhance existing graphic/identity branding that meets marketing objectives, integrates customer usability best practices, and address client brand standards. This position works closely with User Experience Designers, Front- and Back-End Developers, Content Specialists, internal Project Managers, and external client leads. The Senior UI Designer must be customer-service oriented and work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Create high-fidelity mood boards, style tiles, compositions, and digital style guides
- Produce meticulous, beautiful user interface designs that take into account client brand guidelines and specifications (websites, mobile applications, email, etc.)
- Present design decisions to the internal and client teams and iterate and implement feedback
- Work in tandem with multiple UX designers and developers to ensure all functionality and design is meeting client and internal expectations
- Participate in regular design critiques to keep design skills sharp
- Create clean and professional presentation decks for client review
- Juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Prototype complex interactions with high standards of usability in mind
A Perfect Candidate Will Have:
- 6-8 years of experience in a design-related position
- B.A. in graphic design, visual communication, or other design-related field
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design
- Adobe design tools, including Photoshop and Illustrator, Experience with Sketch, InVision and Agile methodologies
- Above average experience with responsive web design techniques
- Experience designing around data sets and reusable components/patterns
- Scopes time and effort involved in design projects, serves as a strategic UI design resource, and writes select components of visual design strategy documentation
- Leads and executes all visual design stages from concept to hand-off and is able to present and defend designs to peers and executive-level stakeholders. Always seeks input from engineering and implementation team to validate and ensure that the design vision is executable
- Serves as a resident expert of digital tools and is skilled in developing digital design concepts. Is well-versed with web technology, usability, and core development tools; understands web design constraints, including a strong understanding of designing for a CMS
Here at HS2, you have the freedom to influence your own career path. We give our team members not only state-of-the-art facilities to execute web and mobile experiences for some of the greatest brands in the world, but people love working here. And we love having them!
- Catered meals and stocked refrigerators to accompany Beer O’Clock Fridays. (Yes, we do have Craft Beer!)
- The opportunity to work side-by-side with smart, passionate team members and to be paired with a Mentor and Career Coach to help you reach your personal and professional development goals!
- Amazing, holiday parties and frequent team activities, get-togethers, shindigs, and powwows, including an annual Hackathon!
- Opportunities to regularly participate in community volunteer events and our charitable contribution program
- Customizable workstations with sophisticated technology. Sit or stand, take your pick!
- The option to work in either one of our fresh locations in Wheaton or Chicago-Ravenswood with the option to work some days from homeSurround yourself with a family of team members who enjoy working and playing together!