Sr. Cloud Data Base Administrator
Why we’re excited to get to work:
The mission for Payformance Solutions is simple. We aim to be a catalyst for payment transformation in the healthcare industry. Our proprietary software solutions allow payers and providers to focus on what really matters: providing patients with access to care that yields the best health outcomes, at the lowest costs.
The healthcare industry is complex and fragmented. Payers and providers are faced with a lack of transparency and conflicting financial goals that fail to consider the health outcomes of patients. Payformance Solutions offers data-driven, turnkey software solutions that provide payers and providers with the technical tools and resources needed to design, evaluate, build, measure, and negotiate value-based reimbursement contracts — as a neutral third party. Our holistic solutions allow payers and providers to collaborate in an ecosystem that aligns financial goals with patient outcomes.
What we are looking for:
The Senior Cloud Data Base Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing oversight and technical support for the database environment including overseeing the administration, development and organization of the databases, and the assessment and implementation of new technologies.
The Senior DBA works with our Payformance Solutions team to develop technical solutions to address complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. This role requires interaction with core software development team members to deliver robust and scalable database platform infrastructure
What you’ll do:
- Support the database system in an AWS environment
- Implement auto scaling, data distribution, cluster and query performance tuning methods, near real time data sync capabilities.
- Serves as lead point of contact for cloud database issues
- Evaluate and address database performance and data audit requirements for application development projects
- Standardize and manage Database Administrator procedures for monitoring database performance, testing, archiving, and optimizing
- Design and implement processes and standards for database systems recovery and back-up checks, as well as user performance and data security
- Work as part of the production team and with the project managers to coordinate data development and determine project scope to optimize the efficiency of the organization’s business processes and manage projects to successful completion
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Must have extensive database management experience
- Must have experience in supporting Linux and Unix database environments
- Extensive experience of designing schemas for OLTP & OLAP databases using PostgreSQL database solutions.
- Experience porting from an Oracle environment to PostgreSQL
- Strong work experience with cloud based database environments preferably AWS cloud
- Good working experience of PL/SQL
- Hands-on experience in using cloud watch and other management/monitoring tools, utilizing dashboards to address and manage system health, improve end user performance
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills (technical and non-technical)
- Working experience on PostgreSQL database
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL backup and recovery scenarios
- Ability to write Python, PowerShell and Unix Shell (Bash, K, C) scripts for build and deployment automation
- Good knowledge of data analysis tools, ETL process in AWS (Athena, Data Pipeline, Lambda)
- Ability to commit and deliver measure result with tight projects and task timeline
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
How we’ll support you:
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Payformance’s dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We offer an outstanding benefits program that includes:
- A competitive annual salary
- 100% employer-paid medical option (employee, spouse, family)
- 100% employer-paid life insurance policy
- 100% employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan (5% employer contribution)
- Healthy work/life balance… Our flexible office hours and time-off allows you to make the most of your time in and out of the office to fit your needs. Plus, an optional work-from-home day once a week (after 3 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual personal learning budget (books, conferences, etc.)
- Thirsty Thursday team building events
- Free gym Access
- Awesome coworkers
- Work with a highly collaborative and values-driven team
Not to boast, but a little bit about us:
Payformance Solutions is a health-tech company dedicated to advancing payment transformation in the healthcare industry. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946.
Altarum Institute combines the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same. Altarum develops and promote best practices in the application of information technology to health and health care. Applying systems research principles and analytic objectivity, we work to increase access to health information; improve the organization and usability of health information; and develop new knowledge from health information. We work to achieve these goals by addressing all aspects of information technology —policy and planning efforts, system design and development, information exchange, and the management and evaluation of specific information technology and strategies.
At Payformance, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate, support, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. Payformance Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
To all recruitment agencies: Payformance does not accept agency resumes, we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.