Team Lead of Operations - 6AM - 3PM
SMS Assist is looking for a Team Lead of Operations - 6AM - 3PM to join our growing team!
Through a firm understanding of the scope of work for each client, the business processes of SMS Assist, and the specialty requirements of their territories, Team Leads are to ensure successful delivery of services within their assigned areas. Team leads are responsible for leading, developing and managing their team of Operations Specialist/Sr. Specialists. Team Leads are also accountable for the Profit & Loss and the compliance of each affiliate within their respective regions.
Team Lead of Operations - 6AM - 3PM Core Responsibilities
- Manage and Develop Operations Specialists/Sr. Operations Specialists: This role has direct responsibility for training, development, and management of their Operations Team. This position is responsible for the daily performance management of all Operations Specialists/Sr. Operations Specialists within their territories who are working the 6AM - 3PM schedule. Team Leads must monitor and ensure that their teams are in compliance with the guidelines of the SMS Employee Handbook and departmental requirements. The Team Lead will also serve as the main point of contact for ensuring Operations Specialists/Sr. Operations Specialists adhere to proper time and attendance and scheduling/overtime regulations and procedures. This position will collaborate with their Operations team to discuss their business on a regular basis. This includes organizing and conducting regular meetings to ensure efficient operations of their team.
- Internal and External Relationship Building: This position plays a key relationship building role both as an internal liaison between Operations Specialists and other departments and as a key contact for external customers. Team Leads who works the 6AM - 3PM shift will serve as the central point of contact for the client at the district and regional levels. As this central point of contact, Team Leads are expected to facilitate any necessary information with their Operations and Regional Managers. Communication should include, but is not limited to, any process, pricing, invoicing, or performance concerns. Team Leads working the 6AM - 3PM shift are also expected to effectively communicate internally with the COEs and Corporate Functions to deliver, follow up on, and act on feedback accordingly.
- Technical Expertise: Team Leads working the 6AM - 3PM shift must be an expert in the scope of work for each client within their area and are responsible for their team’s understanding of the scope of work. In addition to a thorough understanding of each scope of work, Team Leads must fully understand the billing process and be able to educate the Operations Specialists on the correct billing process. Fully understanding and being able to train others on the company’s systems and processes are essential to this position.
- Customer Reporting: Team Leads working the 6AM - 3PM shift must participate in internal management and customer meetings. They must be able to build a logical argument/case to support analytical findings. This position must be able to present account overviews in both internal and external customer meetings.
Team Lead of Operations - 6AM - 3PM Key Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop others
- Experience managing performance, instituting performance improvement plans, etc.
- Ability to provide instruction, training and guidance to others
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Comfortable organizing and leading individual and group meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through telephone and email with customers/affiliates
- Enjoys interacting with customers, is open-minded, and not afraid to pick up the phone to work through a problem or opportunity
- Strong Microsoft product skills, very strong Excel skills, and a facility for numbers - understand how to manage a spreadsheet
- Driven by numbers/measures and comfortable in environment with heavy emphasis on customer service and satisfaction metrics
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate
- High integrity
- Flexibility, adaptability and able to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Team Lead of Operations - 6AM - 3PM Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience- Typically 5+ years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’s degree)
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading individuals and/or small teams
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Experience in a trade is a plus
- Experience in facilities industry is a plus
- Professional, relevant examples of solving tough customer issues
Team Lead of Operations - 6AM - 3PM Additional Requirements
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
Team Lead of Operations - 6AM - 3PM Job Classification
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Internally this position is known as Team Lead of Operations
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 6AM - 3PM
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.