UI/UX Product Designer
SPINS is looking for design leadership across our rapidly-expanding products, including breaking new barriers on how information gets delivered, how it is accessed via desktop, tablet and mobile devices, and how we can establish an expectation with our clients of over-delivering on their product experience expectations. As a Product Designer at SPINS, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from need-finding to tweaking pixels right before launch. Working closely with product managers, engineers as well as our in-house team of business and field operations — you will have a strategic role in defining the experience across our portfolio of products.
We value designers who see themselves as problem solvers and that take pride in delivering polished, pixel perfect designs. We're looking for a designer who can inspire others, collaborate with teams, and grow the value of our product offering. We foster a collaborative environment in which ideas are shared and feedback is welcomed. We work in a fast-paced, agile & lean setting in which data takes a crucial place in informing learnings and iterations.
Who are we?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success
While your talent and experience matters most, we have to mention these qualifications matter to us:
- BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience
- A digital portfolio that displays a visually stunning array of web and mobile interactive work showcasing your grasp of branding, typography, color, grid, scale, balance and hierarchy
- Experience working on native mobile products for both iOS and Android
- Self-motivated: you manage your own milestones, deadlines and priorities
- You are comfortable with the tools of the trade and can move across them depending on the task at hand: Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision, Keynote, etc.
- Experience creating and improving wireframes, prototypes and style guides to advance a low-fidelity concept to a high-fidelity design
- Effectively communicate visual design and interaction elements to engineers
We’re even more impressed if you have:
- 2+ years of experience with Material design, data visualization, and consumer web and mobile products preferred
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of front-end coding
- Skills and experience in iconography or illustration
- Experience in working with customer-facing learning material