User Experience (UX) Architect
What you’ll do
Our small but talented UX team demonstrates a strong practical knowledge of user-centered methodologies, usability principles, and mobile-first design. You’ll partner with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to create software solutions that are beautiful, intuitive, and useful. You’ll be the authority on interaction design best practices and will be the one-stop-shop for information architecture and visual design solutions.
A day in the life
You’ll support multiple Agile sprint teams to achieve business goals through custom software development. Projects includes reimagining the web application our over 40,000 independent consultants rely on to run their businesses, optimizing search and checkout of our consumer website, and innovating technology solutions to best support virtual parties.
You’ll optimize information architecture to promote usability while accommodating technical and business constraints. You’ll collaborate with our UX Researcher to combine qualitative and quantitative findings with insights from cross-functional teams, and rapidly iterate on solutions. Your recommendations will take the form of landscape analysis, storyboards, user flows, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes.
What’s awesome about you
- Your hunger: You love solving complex business problems, and gather multiple inputs to arrive at intuitive digital solutions.
- Your strong bias toward action: You’d rather fail fast, adjust and learn than plan for months.
- Your passion: You love building world-class-best products. This is your craft and you’re serious about growing your skills.
- Your advocacy: Ability to explain your vision and rally a group around the principles of user-centered design—especially when the best solution isn’t the most popular.
We're looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in interaction design, human, computer interaction (HCI), or related equialent.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with responsive web and mobile applications for ecommerce sites, sales support tools, and/or transactional software.
About Pampered Chef
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.