RedShelf was built to improve education. Working with the higher education community, we design products to make course materials more affordable, accessible and engaging for students everywhere. Our partnerships with leading academic publishers and institutions mean we get to make a direct impact on the education system through innovative technology.
What is the job?
Our UX/UI Designer will work closely with product managers and developers and will be focused on research, strategy, prototyping, and user testing for a web-based education platform. You will be responsible for:
- Participating in research and user strategy for a growing education platform
- Working with the team to develop user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Assisting in creating a product roadmap based on user research
- Designing clear, usable prototypes or wireframes
- Conducting user testing to validate assumptions and designs
What are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is passionate about user experiences and making an impact in the higher education market. Candidates should have at least 3 years of experience in user experience design and/or user interface design preferably with a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, human computer interaction, or a similar technical field. Additional requirements include:
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methods
- Experience with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and prototyping tools (InVision, Axure, etc.)
- A good eye for design and the ability to make complex things seem simple and intuitive
- Ability to manage a variety of different projects or one massive project from start to finish
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and deadlines while being adaptable to the changing needs of the business
- Demonstrated understanding of designing across platforms/devices
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables
- The ability to take on complex problems and arrive at simple solutions, matched with the communication skills to talk through and present solutions with both technical and non-technical personnel
What do we have to offer?
RedShelf's team is passionate, entrepreneurial-minded and serious about making an impact in higher ed. We are committed to our mission of improving education, and that commitment flows through in everything we do.
We offer an engaging office culture and frequent onsite and offsite events including video game tournaments, intermural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more. We also provide our team with competitive compensation packages including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.