Vice President of Product
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting
WHAT DO WE NEED?
SPINS is searching for a seasoned product leader that will act as a “general manager” to drive the growth for a core asset at SPINS. This role requires a hands-on business leader who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for SPINS Product library; build and develop a world-class product team; collaborate with and drive a team of nutrition scientists, engineers and natural industry coding experts that continues SPINS tradition of building groundbreaking products.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, strategic thinking and tactical execution coupled with a passion for changing the way CPG Brands and Retailers use data to engage with consumers. This role requires a go getter personality capable of working closely with customers, senior executives, development, sales and marketing.
- Develop and maintain a product strategy that leverages core SPINS assets and capabilities, working with strategic clients, partners and internal stakeholders to align with market need and our company vision.
- Develop the requirements for highly differentiated nutrition data and content solutions and / or services, including strategy definition, requirements analysis and delineation of the market opportunity.
- Lead a team of product, nutrition, engineering and natural food professionals in the development of new library content (i.e. nutrition attributes, health conditions, food trends,…)
- Lead the creation and development of the product library tools and technology (i.e. Library Coding Platform) including product requirements, prototypes / minimum viable products (MVPs), user stories and product development roadmaps that enables coding velocity and data integrity
- Ensure product development processes adhere to Agile (or similar) principles and align with company resource planning and allocation efforts.
- Lead the Library Operations team to ensure data is accurately ingested, automated or manually coded and delivered to all SPINS clients and partners
- Work closely with engineering and operations teams to ensure all data period release schedules are met and data is delivered on-time to clients every 4 weeks
- Leverage strong process and project management abilities to ensure library content is developed in a consistent and accurate methodology resulting in high quality data
- Participate in sales, business development and existing customer calls or meetings as appropriate to hear and understand first-hand the needs and requirements of prospects and customers
- Meet with customers and partners to explain the product roadmap and get input of future product direction and evolution
- Ensure business objectives are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, products, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; and, soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving product development efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Develop transparent budgeting, tracking and reporting processes, and provide regular updates on progress against agreed-upon objectives
- Work with go-to-market, sales, account management and support teams to ensure successful delivery of product and service areas.
Required Education & Experience
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering / Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Administration, Statistics, Information Systems, Informatics, or Economics or equivalent career experience
- MS or MBA would be preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of Product Management and Product Marketing experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with building and leading deeply talented product teams
- Experience in B2B environment and SaaS applications is a must
- Experience in Consumer and Retail is highly desirable
- Demonstrated success in delivering high quality technology products/services in a complex and high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and passionate team
- Proven experience creating and driving the right mechanisms for success (i.e. you have owned and run these elements like a business)
- Successful collaboration skills and tools that focus on earning trust with distributed team
- The professional maturity to manage a team of high-functioning people and prioritize activities plus the ability to interact with leadership across the company
- An ability to use both persuasion and consensus to achieve desired outcomes in a timely and efficient fashion
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative and innovative high-growth environment that is determined to succeed
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent Analytical, Planning, Project Management and Process Development Skills
- Good Communication (Written & Oral) and Teamwork Skills
- Technical knowledge and the ability to speak in technical terms to developers / architects, both internally and externally with customers / partners.
- Familiar with SaaS applications, big data and/or cloud platforms such as Hadoop, or other data analytics solutions