VP of Public Relations
- We are seeking a digitally savvy, experienced marketing mind to lead our digital PR and influencer outreach efforts. This role has a very high degree of creative freedom and visibility, and it requires abilities in multiple areas, including social media marketing, PR, thought leadership, content creation, brand building and relationship management.Who is Guaranteed Rate?Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We have tons of energy and we love what we do – get people great priced mortgages and wow them with our technology, value proposition and impeccable customer service. We are the 8th largest retail lender in the country … one of the largest and fastest growing independent mortgage companies in the U.S… recently been recognized in Inc. magazine as a top private job creator. Our founder has a vision to revolutionize mortgages to be fully transparent, cost effective and easy for the consumer. Our headquarters is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan. We’ve built a corporate culture that places an emphasis on achieving success through career development, as well as through individual wellness and a healthy, balanced lifestyle including:o Free monthly massages.o A free on-site nurse practitioner.o An in-house café offering a subsidized breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack.o Access to the office gym for only $25 a year.Responsibilities:
- Connect with influential new and traditional media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Create content regularly to grow the company’s footprint (social media posts, press releases, corporate announcements and creative content).
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives and sales leadership to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns and publications.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR at the company based on adding value to media outlets and event managers, not just asking for it.
- Generate new and creative PR opportunities not yet established in the company or the industry. Find and penetrate non-traditional PR outlets that reach multiple company target audiences.
- Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders in our space. Ensure that these relationships benefit both the company and individual.
- Attend relevant events to evangelize the company mission and find like-minded individuals and companies to align with on future initiatives.
- Remain knowledgeable of internal company marketing initiatives, especially major announcements, content creation, sales achievments and events.
- Match our internal content creation with external influencers who would enjoy receiving it or want to contribute themselves.
- Brainstorm new, creative approaches to working closer with the influential members of our industry, and serve as a go-to resource to the rest of the marketing team.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
- 8-10 years of corporate communications or public relations experience.
- Fluency and comfort navigating both traditional and new media platforms.
- Proven track record and relationships needed to penetrate top-tier media outlets.
- Experience with prewire services.
- Fluency with online media management tools and resources (Meltwater, Cision, HARO, etc.).
- Expertise in leveraging social media to drive your communication efforts.
- Creative, detail-orientated and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Start-up, entrepreneurial attitude and a friend of change, innovation and trial and error.
- Mortgage, financial, real estate industry is a plus, but not an absolute requirement.
Read Full Job Description