VP of Technology
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
Reporting to and collaborating with the Camelot Illinois General Manager, the VP of Technology will own the execution of technical operations for Camelot Illinois and the Illinois Lottery. The VP of Technology will provide leadership, management and strategic direction to the Technology team, spanning operations, security and program management. The VP of Technology will oversee the management of the Operations, Service Management, Operations Support and Infrastructure Group teams, ensuring all technical architecture changes and new projects are implemented to the highest standards understanding business benefits, risks and service impact.
- Develop business commercial plans to establish and execute the IT strategy to achieve business targets.
- Management of annual technology budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain and deliver agreed upon service levels to the Illinois retailers, players and state across multiple channels and maintaining to the highest standards providing maximum availability and integrity across all regulated systems.
- Manage key subcontractors to ensure that the Illinois Lottery Operations functions are managed, 24 hrs per day 365 days per year in a secure, reliable, resilient way.
- Set the standards and availability targets for all IT Delivered Services and Illinois Lottery Channels, i.e. Retail, Digital, Mobile and in-lane services.
- Accountable and final approver for all major IT deployments and changes
- Maintain and Responsibility for compliance programs for all mandatory governance and compliance standards (eg. PCI-DSS, WLA, MUSL & ISO27001).
- Lead the implementation of international security policies, standards and guidelines to ensure ongoing maintenance of security across the infrastructure.
- Develop and lead a network of security professionals, consultants and vendors who safeguard the company’s IT assets and data.
- Develop and review policies and procedures and analysis of system incidents.
- Identify and manage all reporting requirements, service quality measurements, incident management and rectification criteria.
- Oversee the management of the Operations, Service Management, Operations Support and Manage and review with External Independent auditing functions for all appropriate processes.
- Maintain and own Camelot’s IT Disaster Recovery and the IT specifics of the Business Continuity plans.
- A collaborative team player with great emotional intelligence and the ability to earn credibility and build relationships across a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication (verbal & written) communication skills.
- High energy, flexibility, enthusiasm and excitement about working in a fast growing, ever-changing environment.
- Hands-on executor who is able to roll up their sleeves and get the work done as needed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure and tight timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience as a technology leader within a dynamic organization.
- Experience in IT strategy development and implementation
- Proven ability to be flexible to changing priorities and ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Extensive experience creating and delivering effective presentations to a wide variety of users both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to analyze project and business needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ideally has some experience in heavily regulated environments.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience of leading technology teams in a fast-paced environment.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.