Data Engineer / Backend Application Developer -- H…
5 days ago
▪ Design and build scalable backend automation from the ground up using open source languages, libraries and frameworks. While the most immediate emphasis is on the Python data science and AWS ecosystems, we love to experiment and learn. So you'll have plenty of opportunity to play with cool technologies and hone your skills.
▪ Program in a variety of languages and platforms to automate the processing of patient-level healthcare transactions, third party data sources and aggregated public health data.
▪ Serve as the data wrangler and ETL expert for the company. Ingest, transform, cleanse and augment internal and external data assets.
▪ Build algorithms for fuzzy matching, de-duplication and rule-based de-identification. Fully indulge your love for math, statistics and logical problem solving.
▪ Leverage the main toolsets: Python, Anaconda stack (Jupyter Notebook, NumPy, Pandas, MatPlotLib/Bokeh, SciPy, Scikit-Learn), Postgres and several AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Redshift).
▪ Lead data modeling, database design and performance optimization. Write SQL for defining database objects and performing manipulations.