What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As an Automation Engineer, you’d develop and maintain the tools that allows us to provision, deploy, and monitor our multi-cloud and multi-tenant environments. You are focused on automation and are passionate about creating best in class tooling for our developers. You’d work collaboratively development teams to:
- Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable Infrastructure solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Site Operations and Security teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Automate cloud orchestration and configuration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of systems operation and maintenance
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in entry level interviewing
- Cover letter