Guaranteed Rate is changing the way people buy homes. In 2015, we introduced the Digital Mortgage SM solution, enabling people to get approved for a loan online in less than 30 minutes. With our low rates and dedication to customer success, we quickly became the eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the country.
Guaranteed Rate was founded in 2000 and has grown to be the 8th largest mortgage company in the country. We are not your typical mortgage company. We are young, innovative and focused on our customers. We use technology and top talent to create efficient processes and solutions for our customers. Guaranteed Rate offers borrowers a simple and fast digital mortgage process.
The Compliance Specialist is new position reporting to the EVP, Corporate Compliance. The Compliance Specialist will have exposure to a wide variety of management level employees throughout Guaranteed Rate. The position is primarily responsible for supporting fair lending compliance, community lending initiatives and vendor management compliance.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective fair lending program, including an internal control structure, monitoring, risk assessment and training
- Support community development initiatives
- Support the development and maintenance of an effective vendor and third-party management program
- Maintain an awareness of mortgage related regulatory and legislative developments, particularly developments related to fair lending and vendor management.
- Develop fair lending and vendor management training materials and periodic regulatory development updates
- Provide direction and guidance regarding federal and state fair lending rules
- Provide direction and counsel regarding vendor management requirements and best practices
- Maintain and update compliance policies
- Coordinate the implementation of federal and state exam recommendations
- Perform compliance monitoring and testing
- Participate in the annual compliance risk assessment process
- Additional projects as assigned by the EVP, Corporate Compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least two years’ financial services experience; regulatory compliance experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of mortgage lending laws and regulations
- Ability to cope with a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish strong working relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work with challenging timelines
- Ability to analyze issues to identify the root cause and formulate effective corrective action plans
- Self-directed professional with attention to detail and excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Focused driven problem solver with strong analytical and comprehension skills
- Ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Access
More About Guaranteed Rate
We are young, have tons of energy and our location rocks – right off the brown line. No really, the train rumbles past our windows. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh, and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000-square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with Wi-Fi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t wear suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.