What We Do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
What You Do:
The Content Strategist/UX Writer is responsible for developing the strategy and the execution of content across digital channels. S/he is a member of the User Experience (UX) team, a multi-disciplinary group of UX researchers, interaction designers, visual designers and writers/editors who collaborate closely with each other and the larger organization to create compelling, user-friendly and informative customer experiences for a variety of audiences. Throughout the project lifecycle, writers work closely with members of the UX team, Project Managers, Product Managers and Technical Leads in creating and maintaining the product vision.
- Partner with product managers, internal business stakeholders and functional teams to define content requirements and strategy that best achieve business goals
- Provide leadership on UX project team efforts to ensure that content meets business objectives and user needs
- Write and edit digital content that meets product goals and end user needs
- Develop clear, consistent nomenclature for tools and applications; collaborate on the creation of new systems to tag and organize new and existing content and site navigation.
- Partner with UX team to define user models and interfaces for new/updated features and functionality.
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure the content strategy is effectively implemented across channels.
- Ensure online content complies with corporate (and partner, if needed) brand standards, web style guide, legal and compliance
- Develop content style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices and processes
- Partner with other writers within the organization to leverage and share ideas and make recommendations that apply broadly across multiple channels
- Collaborate on the evaluation of the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Support content strategy team projects as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- BA or MA in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years creating online/digital content
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in creating and executing on a content strategy within the interactive space
- Must have a diverse portfolio of work to demonstrate authored and edited web content
- Experience working on network of sites and creating/editing content for multiple channels and interrelated products
- A proven track record collaborating on projects to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand interactive experiences
- Experience planning for and developing useful, usable content including instructional text, error and confirmation messages, taxonomy and nomenclature
- Passion for creating great user experiences with actionable knowledge of the digital landscape including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies, and standards
- Understanding of interaction design and information architecture with regards to content strategy
- Ability to scope, organize and execute multiple projects with interrelated and even conflicting goals