What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
Uptake ingests data from hundreds of data providers and hundreds of thousands of machines and gleans actionable insights from the streams of data and relates those insights back to customers. As a Data Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for investigating data issues, analyzing the scope of the issue, communicating status and impact, and owning both immediate resolution and long-term prevention of recurrence of data issues.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and a strong communicator with technical experience in relational databases, data mapping, data transformations and data integration.
- Understand the flow, dependencies, provenance and service levels of our data systems to continuously improve accuracy, timeliness, and availability of data
- Manage the handoff of data ingestion streams from implementation teams to full production
- Take ownership and resolve all data issues
- Manage data providers to maintain escalation protocol, communicate inbound scorecards, and track resolution of issues
- Update mappings, transformations and validations to correct issues and keep pace with changes in inbound data
- Create and document processes to reduce operating cost and improve quality
- Conduct quality assessments and validation of end result data transfer
- Identify additional areas for integration of technology infrastructure and other IT systems
- Lead or work as a part of teams that build and support a product by identifying requirements, testing new iterations, installing and configuring applications, and adapting the process with incremental feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years relevant work experience in technology consulting and/or in a system or data analyst role
- Must have extensive professional knowledge of and experience with SQL
- Experience working with relational databases and data requirements
- Understanding of NoSQL, Kafka, Cassandra and Elastic Search a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An investigative mindset, display independent thinking and be adaptive
- Superb interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships successfully across teams
- Strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the process, manage long-term projects and multitask
- Driven self-starter with a passion for excellence and ability to work under minimal supervision