Civis Analytics is building a data-driven world.
We are building cloud-based products to help organizations do data science better and easier. We create technologies that empower organizations to unlock the truth hiding in their own data—transforming them into smart organizations that are ready to thrive.
We're solving the world's biggest problems with big data. Through research, experimentation, and iteration, we’re transforming how organizations do analytics.
While our history is rooted in political campaign targeting, we’re now partnering with intelligent organizations in healthcare, media, education, and a range of other domains.
We are a community of engineers, data scientists, and statisticians, and are looking to add to our growing team. We are smart, fun, and a little bit weird. Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Interest and ability to master new technologies
- Experience managing AWS cloud components
- Databases proficiency in SQL, administration, programmatic usage, analytics databases, and/or NoSQL
- Adept at using Linux
- Comfortable scripting in Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, or similar
- Managing large AWS infrastructures
- Continuous, automated application deployment
- Continuous integration tools like Travis and CircleCI
- Containerized code deployment using Docker
- Scaling and ensuring reliabilty of large SaaS / PaaS applications
- Security monitoring
- Systems and application monitoring and performance metrics
- Automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Ansible, etc.)
- IP networking concepts and protocols
- Technical leadership, including leading teams